PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Ink Hockey Operations Staff

nivek_wahs
06-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Kelowna, BC – The Kelowna Rockets are pleased to announce the re-signing of the club’s Hockey Operations staff. Rockets President and General Manager, Bruce Hamilton made the announcement this morning that Lorne Frey the Rockets Assistant General Manager & Director of Player Personnel has received a new multi year contract. Frey is the Rockets organization’s longest serving staff member having began work with the club in 1990.

Along with the announcement of the club’s Assistant General Manager being re-signed, Hamilton also announced that Head Coach, Jeff Truitt along with his staff comprised of Assistant Coaches Ryan Huska, Kim Dillabaugh and Kim Gellert have all agreed to new two year deals.

“I am real happy with the way things have unfolded. We are all very excited for the upcoming season and looking forward to the group of young players that we have in our system.” commented Hamilton.

from whl.ca

nivek_wahs
06-07-2006, 12:53 AM
Rockets' Athletic Therapist Hoyer Resigns

Kelowna, BC – Scott Hoyer, the Kelowna Rockets Athletic Therapist and Strength and Conditioning Coach has announced his resignation from the club. “Scotty” has been a key member of the Rockets since joining the franchise in 2000. Hoyer has had many successes in his career including three consecutive Memorial Cup appearances (2003-2005), a Memorial Cup Championship in 2004, two WHL Championships (2003,2005) and has held the role of Athletic Therapist for Canada’s World Junior Ice Hockey silver medalist team in 2003 (Halifax, NS).

“I would like to thank Bruce Hamilton, his family and the entire Rockets organization for providing the opportunity to grow and learn over the past six years. I have been fortunate to work with unbelievable people along the way, and both my family and I have made a lot of great friends within the community. I wish the Rockets continued success and all the best in the years to come” commented Hoyer.

“We will miss Scotty, however, I understand his interest in a change. With a young family this business can be very taxing. I wish him, Trish and Charlie all the best.” stated Rockets President and General Manager, Bruce Hamilton.

also from whl.ca