PDA

View Full Version : Billet stuff

Spungy
06-07-2006, 10:14 AM
If any of you have been a WHL billet, I am curious as to what the teams offer.

WHEATMAN
06-07-2006, 12:54 PM
I have never been a billet but I know that in Brandon the wheaties offer 2 pairs of season tickets and $200 a month for groceries to the people who billet.

neutral
06-07-2006, 01:05 PM
I have never been a billet but I know that in Brandon the wheaties offer 2 pairs of season tickets and $200 a month for groceries to the people who billet.

Does 2-pairs mean 4 tickets?

WHEATMAN
06-07-2006, 01:18 PM
my mistake, you get 2 season tickets

Beaner
06-07-2006, 02:05 PM

There really is no information out in Public, but from what I have heard over the years, that seems to be about the average amount of compensation.

In the crowd
06-07-2006, 03:02 PM
In Cranbrook they give 1 season ticket and I think it was $300 a month per player. From what I heard most teams give about $300 per player and 2 season tickets.

Spungy
06-07-2006, 04:17 PM
i'm asking because somwhere i heard that some teams give like 500 and tickets.. so just out of curiousity!

rinkrat
06-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Any time this subject has come up,the billets always say; "Don't do it for the money or you will lose out! Do it for the love of the game and to help a young man follow his dream!"
They say its nice to be somewhat financially compensated,but these guys eat like a horse and the money really doesn't cover it,also some players have other needs and personal issues,so i don't think its all a bed of roses.Although,they say it can be quite rewarding.

saskdevil
06-17-2006, 10:44 PM
I billet for the Blades here in Stoon and it's 2 season tix + $300 , and the reason we do it is to someday say we billeted an NHL player !! Nah just kidding!! It's to give these boys a good home away from home. We are their substitute family when they are away from home. The money is to cover expenses, and we don't do it to make any money. We've had some boys eat alot (mostly kids from small towns) and some not so much(big city kids). But all in all it is very enjoyable to be involved with the organization and support these guys when they play here.
We stay in touch with almost all the boys & their families. If you can afford to do it please billet, these boys need support and a good home. I find it very rewarding. :thumb:

Dwight Schrute
06-25-2006, 06:15 PM
i wonder what a rich team like the giants or hitmen pay their billets compared to pa, swift, moose jaw, and other small market teams

patsfan33
06-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Pat billets get a pair of season tix, $300/month and a pair of sportsman dinner tix (valued at $100 ea.)

Tinner
06-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm pretty sure the league has both a minimum and maximum teams can pay billets, but largely, market conditions might dictate. In Red Deer you get 2 seasons tickets, a parking pass and $300 a month. There are other little perks along the way also.

the way the schedule is, most boys are only home +- 20 nights a month.

as said earlier.....you do it to provide a safe, home enviroment for the player.