PDA

View Full Version : Possible Rookies for next season

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Here are the players that are in the Blades roster system (I know that all of them will not make the team),but here is a good idea of who will be fighting for a spot on the team,I do not know if all of them will show up at training camp either,I guess we will find out when training camp starts.

Centre
*Travis Toomey(90)*
Gaelan Patterson(90)
Kevin Philp(90) He is a big kid,Listed at 6'5 205lbs
Doug McLeod(90)
Phil Letkeman(89)

Left Wing
*Dustin Cameron(89)*
*Troy Crowley(89)*

Right Wing
Jordon Hebert(90)
Derek Wiebe(90)
Cameron Lamoureux(89)
*Walker Wintoneak (89)*
Mitch Dougall(90)

Defence
*Teigan Zahn(90)*
Friesen, Jared(90)
Cameron Canart(90)
Brad Stebner(90)
Mike Clements(90)
Colton MacPherson(90)
Matthew Chenard(90)
Sam Klassen (89) is Chad Kassen's cousin
Caleb Suderman(89) is Matt Suderman's cousin

Goalies
*Braden Holtby(89)*
Carey Dyck(90)

Note ** means that the player was an AP last season (does that mean that they would not be considered a rookie?)

dondo
06-11-2006, 06:42 PM
well Milan Lucic played last year (as an AP I think - though not sure as I believe he was free-agent signing and was not drafted originally) for a few games at the tail-end of the season and he was considered a rookie this year - so that'll give you food for thought.

So although I'm probably not the best person to state this (lots more knowledgable folks out there in this respect) I'm going to go out on a limb and say that playing as an AP does not negate your rookie status - as long as you don't play more games as an AP as allowed by the league of course.

nivek_wahs
06-12-2006, 01:32 AM
So although I'm probably not the best person to state this (lots more knowledgable folks out there in this respect) I'm going to go out on a limb and say that playing as an AP does not negate your rookie status - as long as you don't play more games as an AP as allowed by the league of course.

You are correct. Tho I am unsure of how many games a player can play in the previous season(s) to still be considered a rookie (I believe it is around 20).

But in the NHL:
"To be considered a rookie for statistical purposes, and therefore eligible for the Calder Memorial Trophy, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. The player must not be older than 26 years before Sept. 15 of the season in which he is eligible."(from nhl.com)