PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Memorial Cup Website?

eecliff
06-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know if Vancouver has an official Memorial Cup Website yet ?
If they do, I sure can’t seem to find it??
If they don’t does anyone know when one might happen?

Thanks
ee…..

Beaner
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
They do not at this point and time have one yet.

I would think they would have one up by the start of the regular season, along with the chl site. (www.chl.ca)

Hopefully the Giants hire a proper web designer that can design a half decent web-site as opposed to what they got now.

eecliff
06-12-2006, 10:41 PM
They do not at this point and time have one yet.

I would think they would have one up by the start of the regular season, along with the chl site. (www.chl.ca)

Hopefully the Giants hire a proper web designer that can design a half decent web-site as opposed to what they got now.

Would you not think it would be in their best interest to get a site up and running ASAP?
After all they are promoting Vancouver to the rest of Canada and the Northern US States, not to mention all the other US states and the European interests.

Maybe I’m expecting to much from a large market CHL team.I think having the Memorial Cup in large market areas such as Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto takes away much of the hype the games bring . What I’m saying is that in the big market city it’s hard to promote the Memorial Cup and get everyone in the spirit when the NHL playoffs are in full swing, especially if the host city is in the middle of a playoff run.

With that said, I’d be the first to say “Keep the Memorial Cup Home Grown"
In the medium to small markets where hockey lives and memories are left behind!

ee…..

Sorry to have to leave this as a “Quote” but until Mr. Hermiston Ams Fan fixes this site and I can post normally without that “Anonymizer” thing , that’s the way it has to be .

HAF
06-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Would you not think it would be in their best interest to get a site up and running ASAP?
After all they are promoting Vancouver to the rest of Canada and the Northern US States, not to mention all the other US states and the European interests.

Maybe I’m expecting to much from a large market CHL team.I think having the Memorial Cup in large market areas such as Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto takes away much of the hype the games bring . What I’m saying is that in the big market city it’s hard to promote the Memorial Cup and get everyone in the spirit when the NHL playoffs are in full swing, especially if the host city is in the middle of a playoff run.

With that said, I’d be the first to say “keep the Memorial Cup home grown “
In the medium to small markets where hockey lives and memories are left behind!

ee…..

Sorry to have to leave this as a “Quote” but until Mr. Hermiston Ams Fan fixes this site and I can post normally without that “Anonymizer” thing , that’s the way it has to be .

How many times do I have to tell you, the problem isnt with this site. Its with your computer or internet provider. Your on site settings are no different then anyone elses.
Here is some advice from another poster.

"one of the things that crossed my mind was that he may have a firewall that is blocking either file extentions or url extentions. If he is running XP with a firewall and a anti-virus program from someone else or running a router (especially a microsoft router) he will also have that problem. "

Your best bet would be to be certain things are on the up and up on your end before you bash some one else. END OF CONVERSATION IN THIS THREAD. You can PM me or email me if you'd like to discuss it further.

eecliff
06-12-2006, 11:21 PM
How many times do I have to tell you, the problem isnt with this site. Its with your computer or internet provider. Your on site settings are no different then anyone elses.
Here is some advice from another poster.

"one of the things that crossed my mind was that he may have a firewall that is blocking either file extentions or url extentions. If he is running XP with a firewall and a anti-virus program from someone else or running a router (especially a microsoft router) he will also have that problem. "

Your best bet would be to be certain things are on the up and up on your end before you bash some one else. END OF CONVERSATION IN THIS THREAD. You can PM me or email me if you'd like to discuss it further.

So answer one question?
If I log on from another computer with the same user name & password from next door, across the city, another city or even another country I won’t have any problems ??

BTW …who is bashing who ??

ee…..

Beaner
06-12-2006, 11:26 PM

Yes. But then again the 2006 MC just ended only 2 weeks ago. So I can see why they dont have it up yet. But even a basic information and seperate page for it would be nice.

The Giants didn't do a seperate website for the WJHC last year as far as I can recall and it did quite well. ;)

Not that I am throwing a tonne of support behind the giants website, it quite frankly sucks, but Im not surprised in the least there is no MC site yet from the Giants.

I wouldnt expect one till the start of the WHL season either to be frank.

Kristi
06-12-2006, 11:28 PM
not that i would encourge this but.............

someone should go grab the domain name memorialcup2007.com

LOL!

eecliff
06-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Yes. But then again the 2006 MC just ended only 2 weeks ago. So I can see why they dont have it up yet. But even a basic information and seperate page for it would be nice.

The Giants didn't do a seperate website for the WJHC last year as far as I can recall and it did quite well. ;)

Not that I am throwing a tonne of support behind the giants website, it quite frankly sucks, but Im not surprised in the least there is no MC site yet from the Giants.

I wouldnt expect one till the start of the WHL season either to be frank.

Yea, I know what your saying.
I'm just going by the past few years when Quebec, Kelowna & London had sites up and running within days of the final game.

ee…..

eecliff
06-12-2006, 11:46 PM
not that i would encourge this but.............

someone should go grab the domain name memorialcup2007.com

LOL!

Better cover both bases.
and grab "memorialcup2007.ca" as well

ee.....

Beaner
06-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Yea, I know what your saying.
I'm just going by the past few years when Quebec, Kelowna & London had sites up and running within days of the final game.

ee…..

I think the Giants are scared of this new fangled Internet Technology to be blunt. ;)

maybe its just a fad and will go the way of 8 tracks..... :D

dondo
06-13-2006, 12:20 AM
yeah according to our insider they don't really want (and are deathly afeared of ;) ) a proper 'net presence and don't seem to open to encouraging other sites either by giving them access to historical archives etc.

Hopefully the site I am currently modding will be able to take those reins a bit and create a positive and archived 'net presence for the G-Men. If we get it into a good shape with a few more folks on-board and some historical/archived stuff then I'll post the link on the Giants board here.

As for the Memorial Cup 2007 site I, like Beaner, am hoping that they smarten up (stop being such Luddites) and hire a proper web designer to do both sites - hell I'd even write recaps for most of their games if they want and I'm sure Beaner would be good for few himself for that matter.

rinkrat
06-13-2006, 08:41 AM

Its not the Giants job to promote Vancouver!
Besides there are enough criminal and retribate immigrants here that Expo86 and other promotions spawned.
They will have no trouble selling tickets.