PDA

View Full Version : Ohl/qmjhl

SeventhHeaven4U
06-15-2006, 04:15 AM
Question: Why is it that scoring in these leagues is so much higher than in the WHL? The top 20 scorers all have over 80pts.... with Schremp leading the way with 145!!! I can't see it being the fact that their players are of that much more quality than our guys, so what is the difference??? :confused:

SectionNDeserter
06-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Question: Why is it that scoring in these leagues is so much higher than in the WHL? The top 20 scorers all have over 80pts.... with Schremp leading the way with 145!!! I can't see it being the fact that their players are of that much more quality than our guys, so what is the difference??? :confused:Supposedly in the regular season they adopted the NHL's policy on interference. This would mean more powerplays, and the talented scorers scoring, unlike in the WHL where they cross the blueline and have a guy from the other team 'waterskiing' behind them.

langdak
06-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Take a look at the goalies GAA averages and the save %'s from those 2 leagues.

Yes higher goal totals will make those numbers a bit inflated but in my opinion on the overall the goaltending is not as good in those 2 leagues as it is in the WHL.

Goalies who cant stop pucks = more points for players

The WHL is also a far more defensive league then the freewheelers in the Q and OHL

and i think the average score in the Q games this year was approx 14-11.....lol

:)

Wildeyes
06-15-2006, 04:08 PM
also the defence in the dub is way better then the other 2 dismal leagues

Toswammi
06-15-2006, 06:00 PM
A different game gets played on this side of Manatoba. Over there it is more open and offensive minded. Heck the Q for the longest time has been wide open with no defensive minded players. Over here we play a more defensive minded game, and therefore have better defenseman come through the league (just look at the WJHC's). Like i said its just a different game.

rinkrat
06-15-2006, 06:46 PM
A different game gets played on this side of Manatoba. Over there it is more open and offensive minded. Heck the Q for the longest time has been wide open with no defensive minded players. Over here we play a more defensive minded game, and therefore have better defenseman come through the league (just look at the WJHC's). Like i said its just a different game.
It didn't used to be like that,I remember Len Barrie scoring 180 pts for Kamloops around 1990...