PDA

View Full Version : Whats are chances

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-15-2006, 06:14 PM
what do you think are chances are for making the playoffs next year?, weve got a couple guys left from that awsome season last year, we have to go find a rookie goalie or trade are remaining vetern players for a good goalie so what do you think are chances are of getting a good team this year?

Trav
06-15-2006, 08:06 PM
If Barnes, Rabbit, Schulz and Setoguchi all return and if the Blades can get something for the extra overagers then they should be fine. Looking forward to the season already.

The more I think about it, even though I dont wanna see a euro goaltender here again, it might not be a bad idea to pick one. Might be tough to get a current WHL veteran in net here.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I think that the team has a very good chance because:A) The Blades have a good rookie goalie in Holtby,but could have used Watt to mentor him.

B)The Blades have a good group of young players and prospects to build the team around.

C)They will probably and hopefully have most or some of the older/veteran players,return a.k.a: Setoguchi,Rabbit,Barnes,Schulz,Logan and Cole. Since they have an abundance of 20 Year olds,they can be used as trade bate either to get a veteran goalie,or another 1st round pick in the CHL Import Draft(or at least try to get a higher 2nd round pick)

and finally they have a coach with NHL expericence who knows how to build a championship team,and hopes to do so sooner than later,and the other members of the coaching staff will contribute to this team's sucess in the future.

wango tango
06-17-2006, 07:37 PM
what do you think are chances are for making the playoffs next year?, weve got a couple guys left from that awsome season last year, we have to go find a rookie goalie or trade are remaining vetern players for a good goalie so what do you think are chances are of getting a good team this year?

depends, in part, on what the playoff format will be. we don't know yet. with the return of swift current to the east, it adds an up and coming team to the mix. yes i think saskatoon will be a playoff team, probably middle of the pack.