PDA

View Full Version : Import Draft

KBF
06-17-2006, 05:00 PM
So what positions should we fill with our 2 new picks?

scamperdog
06-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Defence is the least of the teams worries, it would be nice to see a couple of good GOAL scoring forwards, or even maybe a good goalie, not sure if Maniago can carry the team. Or maybe trade the two picks for some offensive forwards, after all this team really has not had that much success with euro's

KBF
06-18-2006, 02:37 AM
I disagree, I think we've had alot better success than most teams, namely the C ougars who quite possibly draft the worst euros in all of the CHL.

Panov, Volgianonov, Johansson, Korovkin (played alot better in TC)Tesliuk (To a certain extent)Razin, and Borodkin again to an extent.

I agree tho we definetly have to acquire some offensive threats, Nixon, Jorgensen can't do it alone and Stretch and Dunstall aren't there yet in terms of providing a steady amount of offense.

rinkrat
06-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Where are the Blazers picking,in the order?

N.W. Bruin
06-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Where are the Blazers picking,in the order?

Unlike the bantam draft where the non-playoff teams pick first the import draft goes by overall league standings from bottom to top with Chilliwack being a expansion team moving to the first pick spot among WHL teams. WHL picks second overall this CHL Import draft so 2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 20th, 23th, 26th and the Blazers at 29th overall.

bobb
06-28-2006, 06:25 PM
My dad told me that Steinmann was released, and the Tesliuk will probably not come back. So that is good. I was hoping for a small goal scorer with out second round pick, and I think we got it.

Ivan Rohac (http://www.eurohockey.net/players/show_player.cgi?serial=82890)

Juuso Puustinen (http://www.eurohockey.net/players/show_player.cgi?serial=73955)
I wonder what this guy projects to be. Maybe a pest player perhaps like Ruutu or Nieminen.

I wonder is Kassian will be coming back?

KBF
06-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Puustinen is a 5th round selection of the Flames. Heard he doesn't like the rough stuff and is a finesse type scoring forward. Just what we needed.

And Rohac, he had 5 points in 6 games at the u-18 championships this past season.

Really nice to finally see someone other than a Russian come to Kamloops. Hopefully these guys work out and we can somehow luck out like the Giants did with Bliznak and Repik.

bobb
06-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Do you know anywhere that has a scouting report of those guys? I can only find a pay one.

Beaner
06-28-2006, 07:50 PM
I wonder is Kassian will be coming back?

I sure hope so, I love watching Kassian. can't see him cracking the Wild lineup but maybe their AHL team?

Has he even signed a contract yet?

PS: I'm still upset over that trade. :laugh:

KBF
06-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I sure hope so, I love watching Kassian. can't see him cracking the Wild lineup but maybe their AHL team?

Has he even signed a contract yet?

PS: I'm still upset over that trade. :laugh:

Beaner, Kassian got a raw deal here last year in my opinion. He was playing great at the beginning of the year with Jorgensen and Versteeg he put up 5 points in his first 10 games and then for whatever reason was relugated to 4th line duty the rest of the year.

If I was him, I'd hit the ground running. But if he does come back, he better get ample ice time and be given the chance to be the force that he is.

Beaner
06-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Beaner, Kassian got a raw deal here last year in my opinion. He was playing great at the beginning of the year with Jorgensen and Versteeg he put up 5 points in his first 10 games and then for whatever reason was relugated to 4th line duty the rest of the year.

If I was him, I'd hit the ground running. But if he does come back, he better get ample ice time and be given the chance to be the force that he is.

I'd agree with you there. From an outsiders point of view it looked like Matt was getting the short end of the stick last year.

Just looked on the Wilds' site and it doesn't have him listed as signed, and since they hold his rights for 2 years after his draft ('05), I'm really not sure how that effects his ability to move up to the AHL. I guess it's really in the Wilds' hands as to where he goes next year.

Be a shame if he was gone this year 'cause I loved watching him play, but then again the Giants wouldn't have to face him. :D

PS: Still choked at Bonner for trading Matt. ;)

KBF
06-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Do you know anywhere that has a scouting report of those guys? I can only find a pay one.

Only info I could snag was that Rohac at 5 points in 6 games at the U-18 championships for Slovakia

Puustinen is a finesse type player who has alot of skill but is scared to rough it up. He was a 5th round pick of the Calgary Flames and apprently people were shocked he was still around when the Blazers turn came around.

Overall the little tidbits I've heard and reading their stats, there looks to be some serious potential in these 2 kids. And they aren't 16 or 17 they are 18 and that adds a bit more experience in the lineup.