PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton wins 4-0....now here's a question...

Trav
06-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Markenen has come in and has been great for the Oilers. There's no question he'll be the backup next year and Conklin in my opinion should be gone BUT...could this be the turning point in Markennen's career in that he could maybe become the Oilers starter? and that the Oilers dont really have to sign Roloson, Markennen's younger if im not mistaken and im guessing he'll be under contract next year where as Roloson will be an UFA. The first priorities should be to re-sign Peca, Pisani for sure and hopefully they can get Samsonov signed for a decent price but the first two guys are musts. Roloson should then be 4th priority. There should be no question though Markennen will be back next year but will Roloson?

SectionNDeserter
06-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Markenen has come in and has been great for the Oilers. There's no question he'll be the backup next year and Conklin in my opinion should be gone BUT.Yes, he is quite possibly the worst goalie to play at the NHL level for quite a while. Would be shocked if he is even picked up by another team.

and that the Oilers dont really have to sign Roloson, Markennen's younger if im not mistaken and im guessing he'll be under contract next year where as Roloson will be an UFA.I think that the Oilers will be under a lot of pressure to re-sign him, as I am sure they want to get a bit more out of him for a 1st round pick than 20 games or so. Maarkanan is ok, but I don't think he is good for as many games as a starting goaltender has to start in a season.

The first priorities should be to re-sign PecaI agree, it was refreshing to see him drop his 'princess' label for the playoffs.

RDRebelsfan
06-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Yes, he is quite possibly the worst goalie to play at the NHL level for quite a while. Would be shocked if he is even picked up by another team.

Worse than Andre Racicot himself?

SectionNDeserter
06-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Worse than Andre Racicot himself?Thats a tough call. I think that Racicot may have just looked worse than he was in comparison to who he was backing up. And keep in mind that Racicot was never even close to being anything but a backup goalie, Conklin started the year as the starting goalie!