PDA

View Full Version : Warrior lineup for next season

Warrior Fan
06-19-2006, 08:32 PM
I can see Jones/ Boyd returning. I think we get one back for sure.

Lineup for next season looks okay. The year after looks outstanding.

2006-2007

McArdle(19) Jones(20) Holzapfel(18)
Smith(18) Wray(18) Herman(19)
Gillen(20) Bast(17) Robinson(18)
Labreche(16) Prokop(16) Grecica(16)---- all 3 are 16 which would mean no 16's on D.
* not sure where to put McKenzie. I think he can play somewhere but it will be in a checking role for sure. He is huge and can skate well(in a straight line). He deserves to be here. Be a nice 20 year old on the roster the following season.

McKenzie, Hull, Nyren, Haag one of these 3 will make the team I think. Early to tell but I liked the seasons they had. Have to see who comes prepared.

Simpson(20) Grundling (19)
Zetariuk(20) Erhardt(17)
Chapman(19) Sutter(18)
Stanton(17)/Suer(16)/Hamonic(16) will battle for the last spot.

Zetariuk could be dealt for an 18 year old dman or 17 year old. I don't mind loading up with the youth we have here. Just a ton of high end youth.

Morrin, Trebish will be in the hunt as well.

We have a Euro spot available as well. This Euro could be a huge asset as was Grundling.

Perricone (19)
Jebson (17) ----17 year old rookie played in BC last season for Hope. A terrible team but he was the bright spot for sure.

Karambelas(17), Willow(16), Kaczmar(19) will also look to make the team.

***Side note is if Jones returns that leaves us with Gillen Jones Zetariuk and Simpson as 20's so one will have to go. That is okay with me. I think next season we will be okay but the year after and the one after that we will be outstanding. Could be a fun couple of years.

* Any ages are the ages the players will be next season.\

How about next season.....2007-2008
Smith Wray Holzapfel
Herman(20)Bast Robinson
Grecica Prokop Labreche
Burns Haag Maylan

Nyren, Hull could be on this team as well not sure who makes it. Euro as well could return if we get one. Who knows. This is just a guesstimate.

Erhardt(17) (Guy we trade Zetariuk/Simpson for from last season)
Chapman(20) Sutter(19)
Stanton(18) Suer(17)
Hamonic(17) Smith (16)

Perricone(20)
Jebson(18)

agent
06-20-2006, 10:29 AM
A good mix and well thought out.
A couple of question marks :confused:
- Gillen maybe should be higher than 3rd line I would think.
- Big Mac should be in there as Robinson may have to fight to stay after a non productive season last year and the year before.

Warrior Fan
06-20-2006, 12:02 PM
A good mix and well thought out.
A couple of question marks :confused:
- Gillen maybe should be higher than 3rd line I would think.
- Big Mac should be in there as Robinson may have to fight to stay after a non productive season last year and the year before.

I agree that McKenzie has a spot I just don't know where. He has to work on his hands to be productive at this level. He also has to be much more consistent throwing the body. If he does that he is valuable. If he doesn't he is useless to the Warriors.
Gillen was productive in the playoffs playing with McArdle and Boyd. Who wouldn't be? He still has something to prove in my mind. I hope that he does it but I think we need to let some younger guys carry the load this season.
I would like to us trade down in age a bit on the backend as well. Zetariuk could be dealt for an 19 or 18 year old that can skate.
I also forgot to add in the new dman we just dealt for as well. He may have a shot at the club as well. Right age anyway.

Warrior Fan
06-20-2006, 12:13 PM
He is an 18 year old next season and should want to compete for a spot on the team as well.

Hatguy
06-20-2006, 12:47 PM
I really doubt that Lang will trade Zetariuk. Zetariuk is a good leader and better than Simpson. If anyone, trade Simpson or Gillen, as one must go. (Assuming 1 of Boyd or Jones comes back) The problem with all these rookies is we have no clue how hard they've been working this off season, so there is really no way to predict which way it will go untill training camp.

Warrior Fan
06-20-2006, 02:54 PM
I really doubt that Lang will trade Zetariuk. Zetariuk is a good leader and better than Simpson. If anyone, trade Simpson or Gillen, as one must go. (Assuming 1 of Boyd or Jones comes back) The problem with all these rookies is we have no clue how hard they've been working this off season, so there is really no way to predict which way it will go untill training camp.
No different than the vets I guess. Who works hard and who prepares. I am going strictly on talent alone. I watched Prokop and Grecica play and they both have great size and above average talent. Of course do they have the drive? That is the question with every player even 20 year olds.

Prokop Grecica and Labreche have the skill level to play in the Whl next season. No doubt about it. Will they work hard enough to get it done that is the question. Lets not forget though I did mention another 4 players looking for spots and they are also young. 17 year olds. Nyren Hull and Haag are very good hockey players. They too will be looking to make the team. That gives us a ton of depth up front. We have alot to choose from which is a great situation.

Zetariuk is an okay dman. He doesn't skate that well. He doesn't fight that well and would fetch more in a trade. That is why I said deal him. Simpson can get the job done and Zets will get more on the trade market. That was my reasoning for that.

Warrior Fan
06-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Training camp will tell the tale for sure. I will say that Grecica and Prokop will make the team this season. Labreche who I believe is a very good hockey player may get one more year to develop as he is small like Bast but easily just as good. Just depends on how well Haag Hull and Nyren play or if they have any other young jems looking for a spot as well.

This is just my best guesstimate. That's all.

Hatguy
06-20-2006, 04:08 PM
I hope and think Bast is going to have a break out year next season or the season after. He has heart, so small, but so good.

Warrior Fan
06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
I love the way Bast plays. So smart and works so hard.

agent
06-21-2006, 09:16 PM
If Bast ended last season as they say on hockeydb.com

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid%5B%5D=89907

Then he could be 5'10" 185lbs by october/06 , is that small for a 17yr old forward?

Warrior Fan
06-22-2006, 12:13 AM
I think we have a solid group of high end kids. Could be real exciting over the next few years.

Hatguy
06-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Yep. Bast reminds me of Holzapfel.

Boltprospects
06-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Jones may or may not be back.

Tampa tried like hell to sign him in May, but Jones' camp was insisting on a contract that was way too high. Pending a good prospects camp with TB, he could still be signed.

TB is lacking in center prospects right now for their AHL affiliate.

Warrior Fan
06-28-2006, 04:16 PM
He is hit or miss.
I think the same with Boyd really. I think he showed a lack of size and toughness the same thing that kept Brule (and a broken leg) in junior as well. Boyd just had a hard time fighting through the checks and continuing to be productive. He is an unreal player and played his heart out but he got banged up pretty good and that is what happens to top end guys. I think one more season of junior would do his carreer some good as well. Not to mention the Warriors. LOL.
Jones has talent but still could use some time to dominate as well. He showed flashes but still parts that need some hard work.
I guess that sums up a ton of players.

agent
09-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Now that camp has come and gone and a few exhibition games have been played, :D where do you see the players, and has the coach shown any attempt at matching people up to potentially play together? :thumb:

Warrior Fan
09-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I believe that I am not that far off either. If you read my first post on this subject I think I am very close. Couple of changes though.

McArdle(19) Holzapfel(18) Rapac(19)
Gillen(20) Wray(18) Herman(19)
Smith(18) Bast(17) Nyren(17)*actually a center. Very good player
Reige(17) Prokop(16) Grecica(16)Grantham(18)

Labreche(16).... never came to camp. Some issues I guess that needed to be dealt with. I wish him well. He is a very good player and will be here next season.

*Jones won't be returning. I can't see it. Holzapfel moves to center with Rapac playing wing. I think it could work only time will tell.

Sommers has looked very good and had he came to camp last season I am sure I would have noticed him but he will be here in a year from now. It is possible that if he progresses and keeps performing even when the vets come back he could find a spot.
McKenzie and Robinson may be dealt to improve our top line. I think we could use a top line center. Then Holzapfel could wing the top line with McArdle.
McKenzie Robinson Zetariuk for Durand and a 1st round bantam pick. That is my thought. Those 3 players are all vets and have played a huge roll for this team.

Simpson(20) Grundling (19)
Zetariuk(20) Erhardt(17)
Chapman(19) Sutter(18)
Stanton(17)/Suer(16)/Hamonic(16) will battle for the last spot.

When I posted this before we didn't have Frere so I am still not sure about the D but we definetly have a ton of decisions to make that is for sure.
I still believe we need to get rid of one of the 20 year old dmen. We can't afford to lose 3 on the back end come seasons end. Unless of course it is looking like we are going to make a charge.

I have to say that I have never ever seen a Warrior roster and list look this deep at most ages. We are going to have a very bright future.

Hatguy
09-04-2006, 11:06 PM
I think Frere will have a spot. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that Lang didn't bring Frere in so he could sit at home. I don't see where your theory on the 2 overaged D men makes sense. As far as I know, we've had 2 overaged D men for the past 5 seasons, so why would we randomly trade Zetariuk away? We have our three 20 year olds, I doubt Zetariuk or Simpson will be traded. 4 or 5 returning D men a season is not bad, unless the previous year was a rebuilding year.

Warrior Fan
09-05-2006, 11:22 AM
I think Frere will have a spot. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that Lang didn't bring Frere in so he could sit at home. I don't see where your theory on the 2 overaged D men makes sense. As far as I know, we've had 2 overaged D men for the past 5 seasons, so why would we randomly trade Zetariuk away? We have our three 20 year olds, I doubt Zetariuk or Simpson will be traded. 4 or 5 returning D men a season is not bad, unless the previous year was a rebuilding year.

Grundling as well most likely.

So that is going to be a huge hit on the backend when our strength is our youth.

Hatguy
09-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Grundling as well most likely.

So that is going to be a huge hit on the backend when our strength is our youth.

We'll see next season. Even if we lose Grundling we'll still have 3 or 4 D men that have played before, in which case maybe I could see a trade happening next year.

skinnyhead
09-05-2006, 03:42 PM
What about Barkwell reminds me of McArdle with his moves.....

Warrior Fan
09-05-2006, 04:23 PM
He doesn't shoot the puck all that hard and I think he floats a little bit too much but other than that just like him.

No seriously though. He has played well enough to stick around for the time being. I think we need to see him play agains vets and not 16 and 17 year olds.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-10-2006, 03:19 PM
yesbut do you want him to get pounded by a 20 year old 6`5er?, id be suprised if he would be able to move after that