PDA

View Full Version : Tenative 06-07 schedule

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-20-2006, 01:33 PM

Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades this evening released the team’s tentative playing schedule for the 2006-06 WHL season. The WHL scheduling meetings were held today in Calgary as part of the Western Hockey League’s Annual General meeting. The Blades will open the season with a home game Friday September 22nd versus the rival Prince Albert Raiders, then make the trip to the Queen City on Saturday September 23rd to battle the Regina Pats. The Blades close out the 2006-07 campaign Friday March 16th at Prince Albert then Saturday March 17th at Credit Union Centre versus those same Raiders.

In total the Blades have 5 Friday night home games, 14 Saturday night, 1 Sunday, 1 Monday, 6 Tuesdays, 8 Wednesdays and new in 2006-07 one Thursday night game (Thursday February 8th versus PA Raiders). Also new in 2006-07 are the Blades games start-times, 7:05pm midweek and weekend, with the exception of Sundays which will be 5:05pm.
Highlighting the Blades home schedule will be: 8 home games carried on Shaw Cable Systems in the Saskatoon area, home games December 30th and January 1st while kids break from school for the Christmas holidays. The January 1st 4:05pm game versus the rival Swift Current Broncos will feature a Family Skating Party. The Blades will host the Prince Albert Raiders September 22nd, December 9th, February 8th and March 17th.

Fans are reminder that Hot 93 FM will once again be carrying all Blades hockey, home and on the road, during the 2006-07 season.

Fans can find the Blades official home and away schedule at the teams official website at www.saskatoonblades.com beginning on Tuesday June 20th. Fans are also reminded that the Blades 2006-07 Season Ticket Early Bird deadline is fast approaching. To book your seats contact the Blades administration offices at 975.8844 or email at info@saskatoonblades.com
I bolded some information that I think is important.

I do like the way that the WHL has planned the schedule with only 1 Sunday game,and changed the game times to 7:05 and 5:05 on Sundays.

It also looks like the Blades will be making their traditional US roadtrip BUT

It looks like the all of US teams will be playing at the CUC this year also.If this trend continues(all the US teams come to the CUC,instead of ever other year) I like the idea,because then we do not have to wait a year to see those teams.

If you want to see the schedule just go to the website and click on schedule or game notes.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-20-2006, 05:18 PM
actually id like to see some more games in the whl season mostly because some people like em get impatient waiting sometimes a weak for the blades to play again i know players need rest but i like baseball and the toronto blue jays and well you know they get maybe 2 days off in a month so going back to the whl in the fall will be tough but thats just my opinion