PDA

View Full Version : Codey Burki

Triton
06-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Will Burki be drafted in the first round?

WHEATMAN
06-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I think Codey will be a mid-late 2nd rounder, he has the offensive skills, but he really lacks defensive skills. Hopefully he will be a 1st rounder, but at this point i doubt it

Triton
06-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Do you think anyone else on our team will be drafted?

WHEATMAN
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Personally I think Yeo should be drafted, but his skating ability is suspect which will bring down his value. I don't expect him to be drafted but if he does, I would think he would be a 7th rounder.
As for Dittmer, he definetly has the skill, but not the heart or aggression. He is dead scared to enter the corners and his physical play is a joke. I don't think Dittmer will be drafted,but like Yeo he has that late birthday which makes this his initial draft year, which should make him more appealing then someone who has already been passed over once. If Dittmer is drafted and I doubt he will be he should be a late 6th round, or early 7th.
Now I know that sandell is gone, but I could see him going in the later rounds aswell, he has the skill, numbers and a late birthday to boot.

Triton
06-21-2006, 01:02 PM
I think it's unfair to question Dittmer's heart.He's proud to be playing where he is.As for his physical play,yeah that he lacks,but makes up for in skill.We have enough people on our team who can bang.

I think Yeo will be drafted.Or deserves to be anyways.I also think Derlago should grab some attention and could be a steal in the latter rounds.Boyle could get some looks as well.I think he could very well be one of those underrated type players that goes unnoticed.He's a 9-5 type player who does alot of things very well with few mistakes.

I'am excited for the team we will have this season and the next and the next.

Triton
06-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Boy I was wondering when Burki was going to be selected,than the amazing happened..Burki wa drafted by my favourite team the Avalanche.Congrats Burki.

scrunt
06-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Burki at the draft!

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/22607/Burki2 Small.jpg

Triton
06-25-2006, 12:24 AM
He looks good in that jersey.Glad my favourite team nabbed him.I was hoping he wouldn't go to Calgary.

Triton
06-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Vancouver, B.C. -- For the second consecutive season a member of the Western Hockey League's Brandon Wheat Kings has been chosen in the second round of the National Hockey League Entry Draft.

18-year old center Codey Burki was chosen 59th overall, by the Colorado Avalanche, capping an exciting week for the former Wheat King first round bantam draft pick.

On Thursday, Burki was one of two Wheat Kings invited to attend this summer's National Junior Team Development Camp in Calgary.

In 69 games with the Wheat Kings this past season, Burki had 27 goals and 61 points to lead the team in scoring. As well, he was named Game MVP at January's Top Prospects Game in Ottawa.

In other draft news, Brandon born Ryan White of the Calgary Hitmen, went in round three - 66th overall - to the Montreal Canadiens.

Burki and White were two of seven Manitobans to be selected. Jonathan Toews of the UND Fighting Sioux and a Winnipeg native, was the third overall pick - going to the Chicago Blackhawks.
Goalkeeper James Reimer (Winnipeg) of the Red Deer Rebels went to the Toronto Maple Leafs in the fourth round, Nesbitt's Ashton Rome of the Kamloops Blazers was taken in round five by the San Jose Sharks, Prince George's Eric Hunter (Winnipeg) and Dane Crowley (Winnipeg) were chosen in the sixth round - by the New York Rangers and Tampa Bay Lightning respectively.

Topping all WHL drafted players was Peter Mueller of the Everett Silvertips, who was one of a record ten U.S. born players to be chosen in the opening round. The Bloomington, Minnesota product was the eighth player taken, going to Wayne Gretzky's Phoenix Coyotes.

Now that the NHL draft is over, hockey fans can look forward to this week's Canadian Hockey League Import draft. The Wheat Kings are expected to select two players.