PDA

View Full Version : Schedules

SeventhHeaven4U
06-21-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think it's fair or right that Vancouver, PG, Kelowna, Chilliwack, and Kamloops don't have to travel to Saskatchewan and Manitoba (I'd say AB, but there aren't any scheds out for them yet). The Eastern teams travel out there to play them yearly, this is the 2nd year in a row this is happening and its total $%^&#!!! I don't wanna hear about how far it is and how hard it is on them... no excuse!!!! There should be an eastern swing for ALL TEAMS!!!! Hell, Portland makes the trip! I want to see all teams playing, not just the central n eastern division!!!

Triton
06-21-2006, 09:59 PM
The teams in B.C came to the East this year.It was the U.S teams that didn't come out East.Now it switches this year where the U.S teams come here this season and the B.C teams don't.

bones
06-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Whoa take it easy and make sure you get your facts straight before you make yourself look like a fool. The BC teams did go out East this year and as stated above its time for the US to make that trip next season. So this will only be the first year, not the second in a row.

HAF
06-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Yep, Bones and Canadian Eh are correct. the eastern teams came to the US last year and this year we go to the East. Last year we went to the Central and this year they will come here. That is how it works for ALL divisions every year. No one is exempt from the travel, not even the BC division.
Here is the big question though...... Since Kootenay has moved to the central division does that mean we will only see them here in TRI every other year? How about Spoke? Cranbrook and Spokane are only a few hours apart and have had a pretty decent rivalry the last few years.

Kristi
06-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Yep, Bones and Canadian Eh are correct. the eastern teams came to the US last year and this year we go to the East. Last year we went to the Central and this year they will come here. That is how it works for ALL divisions every year. No one is exempt from the travel, not even the BC division.
Here is the big question though...... Since Kootenay has moved to the central division does that mean we will only see them here in TRI every other year? How about Spoke? Cranbrook and Spokane are only a few hours apart and have had a pretty decent rivalry the last few years.

Yes you are correct with the Ice moving to the Central we will only see them every other year in the US!

I know it sucks!!

Triton
06-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Seems like every year there is an expansion team,they always seems to fall on the season where it doesn't come our East here.Happened with Vancouver,Everett,now Chilliwack.

SeventhHeaven4U
06-22-2006, 06:48 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think it's fair or right that Vancouver, PG, Kelowna, Chilliwack, and Kamloops don't have to travel to Saskatchewan and Manitoba (I'd say AB, but there aren't any scheds out for them yet). The Eastern teams travel out there to play them yearly, this is the 2nd year in a row this is happening and its total $%^&#!!! I don't wanna hear about how far it is and how hard it is on them... no excuse!!!! There should be an eastern swing for ALL TEAMS!!!! Hell, Portland makes the trip! I want to see all teams playing, not just the central n eastern division!!!

First off, I find myself apologizing once again :) for my misstatement.
Lets change the wording... I don't believe that this one game a season thing is right.... if I remember correctly (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) many years ago, we saw the coast clubs play east & central 2 times each season. That isn't a vast improvement, but at least the teams saw each other play in the first and last halves so they could gauge each other's progress to a small extent. The WHL has been expanding but always playing 72 games, thus there is sacrifice and we see more and more of our own conference and less n less of the others. Add Edmonton now, and possibly Victoria n Nanaimo in the future and we can almost say goodbye to any seeing the BC teams. The schedule needs to be revamped to accommodate these changes.

dondo
06-22-2006, 12:44 PM
be careful what you wish for 7thHeaven - the Giants had a monster road trip out East last season do you want that two or three times a year ;) :laugh:

Actually I do like to see teams I don't get to see much and this year on year off thing is kinda lame. But the same thing is happening in the NHl to a point where we might just be heading toward two separate leagues ala baseball and NFL football (East and West) - adding more inter-conference games doesn't promote rivalries it just makes you bored to freaking tears when you have to suffer through yet another Minnesota game - ugh!

I want to see players like Crosby and Malkin - and I want my New Years eve games versus Philly back not freaking Minny. :mad: okay rant done..

Number_4
06-22-2006, 03:41 PM
The problems with increasing road trips have been covered many times before...
-too expensive
-SCHOOL
-perhaps too demanding...

With a 72 game schedule, 21 teams, 4 provinces, and 2? states, its alot of territory for all teams to cover, even once. I for one, dont like to play moose jaw 11 times in a season, but I also dont like the idea of not seeing my team for alot of the season.

My numbers may be slightly flawed, and correct me if they are, but if each team would visit the other teams twice a year, that would mean 40 road games (20 teams to visit, twice)... take into account the inter-divisional rivarlys... add 10 games (east, 6 teams total, 5 teams to visit, twice)...we're up to 50 road games already... which leaves the teams at home for what, 22 games, give or take. Personally I want to see my team more, and not have to brave the highways in winter to see them.

Logic says that unless we want to push these kids past the limit, make them drop out of school, and live on a bus (more than they already do)... we suck it up, and realize that the way things are, is prolly the best for now. I would love to see western teams more, however, not at the expense of the players, not to mention the teams with smaller pocketbooks. And in relation to this, the reason why the dub is so popular is because its not that expensive compared to the NHL... can u imagine how much ticket prices would have to go up to afford all this travel? It would be insane...

Spungy
06-22-2006, 05:12 PM
I for one am already dreading to see what kind of schedule the Ice have coming to them this season.

when we were in the west you could barely tell, we played the central so much. It will be interesting to see, i hate to lose all of our games with Spokane.

dondo
06-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Spungy - I think the reason you were moved to the Central was the fact that you were playing mostly Central div teams.. so I see your sched being about the same, but maybe a few more games vs the Eastern div.

Spungy
06-23-2006, 05:45 PM
the same kinda schedule wouldn't be too bad.

we get to see every team every year it seems.

LifelongChiefsFan
06-23-2006, 08:13 PM
I for one am already dreading to see what kind of schedule the Ice have coming to them this season.

when we were in the west you could barely tell, we played the central so much. It will be interesting to see, i hate to lose all of our games with Spokane.

I'd hate to lose all games against Spokane too, that's 8 wins a year, HAHAHA!!

But seriously I agree, I'll miss the Kootenay games too, they were almost always better than other games at least the ones in Spokane were. Who knows, even with Kootenay in the Central maybe they will still play Spokane more than once a year since geographically, the distance between the cities didn't change any. I can hope anyway.

HAF
06-24-2006, 12:17 AM
I'd hate to lose all games against Spokane too, that's 8 wins a year, HAHAHA!!

But seriously I agree, I'll miss the Kootenay games too, they were almost always better than other games at least the ones in Spokane were. Who knows, even with Kootenay in the Central maybe they will still play Spokane more than once a year since geographically, the distance between the cities didn't change any. I can hope anyway.

8 wins??? Whens the last time them feather heads actually beat the ICE??? LOL

LifelongChiefsFan
06-24-2006, 01:11 AM
8 wins??? Whens the last time them feather heads actually beat the ICE??? LOL

Lol well I guess I typed it poorly, I meant looking at it from an Ice fan's standpoint that it is 8 wins lost.

But I don't give my Chiefs enought credit. Spokane actually did manage to win a game against Kootenay last year (last home game of the year) lol

But just be mindful that "them feather heads" have as many Memorial Cups as Kootenay has!! (Ok yeah it was 15 years ago, but the Chiefs haven't given me much to gloat about lately and I have to defend them somehow, hahaha!!)

KBF
06-25-2006, 12:10 AM

when we were in the west you could barely tell, we played the central so much. It will be interesting to see, i hate to lose all of our games with Spokane. Well, I guess the only time we'll see the great Ice-Blazer games is if we both make it to the finals.