PDA

View Full Version : Brule, Franson & Bertram named to summer tryout camp for World Juniors (no Mikkelson)

N.W. Bruin
06-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/2/1/9/8/1/index1.shtml

Beaner
06-22-2006, 10:50 PM
I am a bit shocked Mikkelson wasnt invited considering he was invited last year.

SectionNDeserter
06-23-2006, 06:15 AM
I am a bit shocked Mikkelson wasnt invited considering he was invited last year.Maybe they think that he might be rusty after not playing for a year?

dondo
06-23-2006, 08:59 AM
would Brule be able to play if Columbus allowed him to? (which isn't likely to happen, but we can dream for him can't we?)

N.W. Bruin
06-23-2006, 10:27 AM
would Brule be able to play if Columbus allowed him to? (which isn't likely to happen, but we can dream for him can't we?)

There has been NHLers sent to play in the World Juniors in the past. Just comes from the NHL team and goes back after the World Juniors is over. Most NHL teams do not release their guys however but a underage playing third or fourth line has been sometimes released to the World Juniors.

GF71
06-24-2006, 01:14 AM
If Mikk has a strong start to the season, be sure that he will get an invite to camp.

dondo
06-24-2006, 11:51 AM
There has been NHLers sent to play in the World Juniors in the past. Just comes from the NHL team and goes back after the World Juniors is over. Most NHL teams do not release their guys however but a underage playing third or fourth line has been sometimes released to the World Juniors.

yeah that's what I thought so Brule almost certainly being a regular second line centre for CBJ wouldn't really be getting a sniff at the World Juniors. Hopefully he can make a good bid for the Calder next year though, he has the hunger and the skill.

langdak
06-24-2006, 12:04 PM
yeah that's what I thought so Brule almost certainly being a regular second line centre for CBJ wouldn't really be getting a sniff at the World Juniors. Hopefully he can make a good bid for the Calder next year though, he has the hunger and the skill.

It should be good watching him compete for it against Malkin, amongst others