PDA

View Full Version : The Money Deal

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-22-2006, 05:15 PM
The Blades made a trade with the Red Deer Rebels,to get their 2nd round Import pick and a 6'6 225lb forward for a couple of Bantam draft picks. :thumb: :groovy:

here is the press release from www.saskatoonblades.com

Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades announced today they acquired forward Garrett Klotz and a 2nd round pick in the 2006 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft from the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for the Blades 7th round selection in the 2007 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft and a conditional draft pick in 2008. In 2005-06, Garrett Klotz played his rookie season in the WHL with the Red Deer Rebels, playing 35 games with 2 goals and 0 assists.

He is eligible for the 2007 National Hockey League Entry Draft. Head Coach and General Manager Lorne Molleken commented on today’s transaction “ We are happy to add a player of Garrett’s size to our hockey club, in addition Garrett will bring more grit to our line-up, we also very pleased to acquire a higher selection in the upcoming CHL Import Draft and allows us hopefully get another quality player into our line-up.

Garret Klotz

Nov, 27, 1988

Regina, SK

6’6, 225lbs

Trav
06-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I like the upgrade of the 2nd round euro pick. Klotz I know nothing about so cant comment on him but it looks like we're going to see a gritty team this season which is fine but we're going to need pure offensive players to.

Triton
06-22-2006, 06:17 PM
I like the upgrade of the 2nd round euro pick. Klotz I know nothing about so cant comment on him but it looks like we're going to see a gritty team this season which is fine but we're going to need pure offensive players to.

That could be all you see this season with the season series with the Raiders.Both teams could be battling and it could and should get ugly.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-22-2006, 06:34 PM
That could be all you see this season with the season series with the Raiders.Both teams could be battling and it could and should get ugly.
It should be an awesome season series,and may the best team win. :D I can not wait until the 28th to see who is choosen with the high 2nd round pick in the import draft. It will be fun to see what he does in Training camp and the Ice Breaker Tournament Vs the Raiders too,I will be there.

Triton
06-22-2006, 07:38 PM
It should be an awesome season series,and may the best team win. :D I can not wait until the 28th to see who is choosen with the high 2nd round pick in the import draft. It will be fun to see what he does in Training camp and the Ice Breaker Tournament Vs the Raiders too,I will be there.

Yeah I'am coming down for the Ice Breaker tourny and the Blades home opener against the Raiders.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-22-2006, 10:21 PM
i think this is good he was a rookie so dont let the numbers fool you with 2 goals and no assists he only played 30 or 35 games i think he will be good for us this year and add some goals to the team

Trav
06-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Don't forget their first rounder haha.

wango tango
06-23-2006, 11:45 AM
i'm wondering if the team has a specific euro in mind and are worried somebody ahead of them will select him, otherwise why move up?

i'm hoping they pick up a couple of scoring forwards, if a solid goaltender is there and he's the best player available at that point maybe they'd take him.

Trav
06-23-2006, 08:45 PM
they have two guys in mind and I agree two scoring forwards would be nice but a goaltender wouldnt be a bad thing either. Geez, cant wait until Wednesday haha.