PDA

View Full Version : From the Rebels Website

SectionNDeserter
06-22-2006, 06:05 PM
The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today they have traded forward Garrett Klotz and their 2nd round pick in the 2006 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft to the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for the Blades 7th round selection in the 2007 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft and a conditional draft pick in 2008.Seems like a good trade for both teams, the Rebels only needed one import pick, and with the new rules being in place next season it would seem that Klotz's days in the WHL are numbered. And I am sure the Blades will welcome a high second round import pick over their own.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Seems like a good trade for both teams, the Rebels only needed one import pick, and with the new rules being in place next season it would seem that Klotz's days in the WHL are numbered. And I am sure the Blades will welcome a high second round import pick over their own.
I like this deal,because as you said they upgraded their 2nd round import draft pick and get another big guy to put into the lineup(I think that is just what they need to help them along (espeically in their season series with the Raiders) and all of the other tougher teams in the Dub.

SectionNDeserter
06-22-2006, 06:49 PM
I like this deal,because as you said they upgraded their 2nd round import draft pick and get another big guy to put into the lineup(I think that is just what they need to help them along (espeically in their season series with the Raiders) and all of the other tougher teams in the Dub.He can hit pretty good along the boards, but they might want someone who can fight a little better than him when they are playing their bitter rivals from the North! ;)