PDA

View Full Version : Who will step up?

Mileflames
01-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Who will step up and help Getzlaf get this team far in to the playoffs

Mileflames
01-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Ladd has not put up the numbers this year, looks like his heart is not in to the team this year. Pushkarev has the heart.

Hitmen1
01-14-2005, 01:36 AM
Tough call. I voted for Ladd because I just can't see him struggling the entire year. I think once the Hitmen get everyone back from injuries Ladd will turn it on. I would like to see Getzlaf play with Pushkarev and Lucas. And then have Ladd with Landolt and Covington.

My second choice would be Pushkarev, he is an exciting player to watch and he is on fire right now.

The wild card could be Tomanek. If he can come back and score like everyone expected him to then he could take alot of pressure off Getzlaf.

Mileflames
01-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Very good point.

A line of Lucas, Pushkarev, Getzlaf would be a fun to watch. Some one Needs to play Right wing (Lucas??).

Ladd-Dupont-White would fix that line, give it a chance to put up some numbers too.

iginla12
01-14-2005, 02:15 PM
i think it will be Pushkarev,he has been great lately....when Getzlaf n Ladd were gone playin with Canada,he took over the team,hes gonna be amazing for this team in the playoffs.
i dont think Ladd will,he hasnt played the way he did last season,hes been pretty terrible this season,he needs to pick it up.
yeah,but i think it will be Pushkarev,to tell u the truth,i think he will be leading this team into the playoffs,i think Getzlaf will be playing that great when the playoffs come,but i hope he is.
also,Justin Pogge will be leading this team into the playoffs as well,hes gonna be great i hope!

ScottyWazz
01-14-2005, 02:20 PM
If the line was Lucas-Getzlaf-Pushkarev; Pushy would go to the right side more than likely.

I think you bring in Lucas to help out Getzlef when he returns. I think you pair them up with someone like Covington.

Lucas-Getzlaf-Covington
Ladd-Landolt-O'Malley
Dupont-White-Pushkarev
Werenka-Merkley-Reid/Dansereau

Regger
01-14-2005, 03:20 PM
I really wish Ladd would be the one to step up, but my vote went to Pushkarev... I love watching this kid play.

Hitman
01-14-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm going to go a little bit away from everyone else and say Shaun Landolt. Great young player, I really like him and I think he could really step it up some.

The Intimidator
01-14-2005, 05:54 PM
If the line was Lucas-Getzlaf-Pushkarev; Pushy would go to the right side more than likely.

I think you bring in Lucas to help out Getzlef when he returns. I think you pair them up with someone like Covington.

Lucas-Getzlaf-Covington
Ladd-Landolt-O'Malley
Dupont-White-Pushkarev
Werenka-Merkley-Reid/Dansereau

I think I would switch Covington and O'malley around, just my opinion though. Also Werenka is out as he has been sent back to the Drumheller Dragons of the AJHL( read this on the Dragons website). Any idea when Moscaluk will return as he too might look good with Getzlaf and Lucas.

RunTheGoalie
01-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Tough call. I voted for Ladd because I just can't see him struggling the entire year. I think once the Hitmen get everyone back from injuries Ladd will turn it on. I would like to see Getzlaf play with Pushkarev and Lucas. And then have Ladd with Landolt and Covington.

My second choice would be Pushkarev, he is an exciting player to watch and he is on fire right now.

The wild card could be Tomanek. If he can come back and score like everyone expected him to then he could take alot of pressure off Getzlaf.

I thought Tomanek is injured for the year and went back to Russia?

Anyway, I voted for Ladd, not because he will step up, but because he *needs* to step up. At some point he needs to figure out that draft day was eight months ago, and that he still has to play in the WHL.

ScottyWazz
01-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Tomanek was sent home.

I didn't see where Moscaluk was back (The Hitmen aren't too good with updating their site with this information), but when I saw him, he was out of his boot.

Hitmen1
01-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Tomanek was sent home.

Scotty if he has been sent home, can the Hitmen bring in another European? If so, why haven't they?

Mileflames
01-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Scotty if he has been sent home, can the Hitmen bring in another European? If so, why haven't they?

I think they don't own the rights to any of them and the players have commitment too there Europe team for this year …and School...

ScottyWazz
01-15-2005, 01:58 PM
They could bring someone else in, but I think with the season being so deep as it is and the chemistry having been clicking, I don't think they want to disrupt that. Plus, the process in bringing in an import is enough hassle that by the time they get the new player-- the time to get them gelled into system would be too short.