PDA

View Full Version : Bertuzzi traded...FINALLY..

Trav
06-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Wow big deal on the eve of the draft between the Canucks and Panthers. It's on tsn.ca and sportnset.ca now.

Bertuzzi, Auld and Allen for LUONGO excited bout him coming to Vancouver and Lukas Krajick a young d-man (probably around 23-24) basically replaces Allen if he isnt an upgrade on Allen which he could be. Heard there was a 6th round pick going to Vancouver to but not confirmed yet.

Beaner
06-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Wow that is a big trade and I think very good for the Canucks and the Panthers.

Cloutier must soon to be gone as well I would imagine.

SectionNDeserter
06-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Looks like it could be a great deal for Vancouver, IF they can sign him for longer than a single season. I guess either way, they are getting an elite goaltender for at least one season, in exchange for a -17 dressing room killer with a huge contract.

Triton
06-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Maybe Cloutier to Toronto?Heard they were in trade talks for a starting goaltender.

SectionNDeserter
06-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Maybe Cloutier to Toronto?Heard they were in trade talks for a starting goaltender.??? Has he even played in the last 3 years?

Beaner
06-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Looks like it could be a great deal for Vancouver, IF they can sign him for longer than a single season. I guess either way, they are getting an elite goaltender for at least one season, in exchange for a -17 dressing room killer with a huge contract.

I don't think its that bad, contract wise. Bertuzzi signed a 4 year deal in '03, so he has 2 years left I believe. More than likely he wouldnt have been back after that, and he would probably have commanded more than 5+ he is making now anyway.

So 2 years of Bert or 1 year of Luongo. I'd take the risk on signing Loungo.

Beaner
06-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Actually I just read that Bertuzzi is an UFA at the end of the '07 season as well, so I think this works even more in Vancouvers' favour.

SectionNDeserter
06-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Gonna be a lot of inconsistant forwards good for 50 or so points available at the end of the '07 season that Florida can replace him with, going to be substantially fewer Luongo's available at that time....

Triton
06-23-2006, 11:51 PM
??? Has he even played in the last 3 years?

Ahh Toronto always makes deals accordingly to a person's name or their history.Wouldn't surprise me to see Nonis deal Cloutier to either Toronto or L.A.

dondo
06-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I see Cloutier being dangled today for the Canucks to move up in the draft. Not a bad deal and could be a great one if Luongo actually lives up to his potential and allows less goals when seeing less shots.

Bert needed a change of scenery and in the other conference far away from Vancouver isn't a bad way to go - besides it was Keenan who dealt Linden etc to the NYI for Bert in the first place - so it only makes sense that he would be gunning for him. I think we get a better D-Man in Krajicek and one who is a bit more offensively minded, and hopefully positionally better than Allen - besides Bourdon will slot very nicely into the line-up next season - he's ready.

It wouldn't be fair to Auld to have left him as a back-up when he's proved his worth as a starter and he's RFA this year so we would probably be ponying up closer to Cloutier numbers rather than the 800K he has been earning.

All in all a Bold move by Nonis and whether or not it's a great deal or an awful one - only time will tell, but ya gotta admire the cohones it took to make this kind of statement.

Dwight Schrute
06-24-2006, 12:25 PM
cloutier is a favorite of marc crawford perhaps cloutier and #14 could be traded to the kings for the #11 pick
i am happy with this deal but its a gamble (i am a canuck fan by the way)
i sure hope they can resign roberto

langdak
06-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Time will tell if Vancouver holds true to being a goalie graveyard

The_Vulk
06-24-2006, 04:18 PM
One good thing about it all, we won't have to hear anything about Bert from now on. I am sick and tired of hearing about him, his underachieving year, his civil court battles, etc.

I say so long! Good Bye! Time to retire!

LifelongChiefsFan
06-25-2006, 03:26 AM
Maybe Cloutier to Toronto?Heard they were in trade talks for a starting goaltender.

I think that may have been a good fit, but it's now extremely unlikely with Toronto trading for Raycroft from Boston.

And speaking of trades, how about the Avs letting Tanguay go. I was shocked to see that, I didn't think the Avs would ever part with that guy.

SectionNDeserter
06-25-2006, 05:35 AM
And speaking of trades, how about the Avs letting Tanguay go. I was shocked to see that, I didn't think the Avs would ever part with that guy.I think it is a similar situation as with Luongo, and probably not the last trade you will see like this now. If they don't sign a long-term deal, their 'value' to the team drops considerably and they ship them off while they are still worth something.

3rebels
06-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Sorry to see Bert go. Great to see the "mental baggage" has been dealt. REALLY looking forward to Luongo coming in. VBa' a goalies graveyard??
McLean, Hanlon, weren't so bad. Broduer (more than likely still the most popular goalie) took the 'Nucks to the finals. Mind you they didn't stand a channce against the Islanders. Time will tell !!
:thumb:

SectionNDeserter
06-25-2006, 01:51 PM
McLean, Hanlon, weren't so bad. Broduer (more than likely still the most popular goalie) took the 'Nucks to the finals. Mind you they didn't stand a channce against the Islanders. Time will tell !!
:thumb:McLean and Brodeur were both late round picks with little or no pressure to succeed (even though they were decent goaltenders), I think Hanlon was a second or third round pick, and he was average at best in the few years he was in Vancouver. With the exception of possibly Brodeur, none of them were 'top 10' goalies in the NHL.

Swando
06-26-2006, 12:49 AM
I see Cloutier being dangled today for the Canucks to move up in the draft. Not a bad deal and could be a great one if Luongo actually lives up to his potential and allows less goals when seeing less shots.

Bert needed a change of scenery and in the other conference far away from Vancouver isn't a bad way to go - besides it was Keenan who dealt Linden etc to the NYI for Bert in the first place - so it only makes sense that he would be gunning for him. I think we get a better D-Man in Krajicek and one who is a bit more offensively minded, and hopefully positionally better than Allen - besides Bourdon will slot very nicely into the line-up next season - he's ready.

It wouldn't be fair to Auld to have left him as a back-up when he's proved his worth as a starter and he's RFA this year so we would probably be ponying up closer to Cloutier numbers rather than the 800K he has been earning.

All in all a Bold move by Nonis and whether or not it's a great deal or an awful one - only time will tell, but ya gotta admire the cohones it took to make this kind of statement.

Dondo-- Haven't visted the site for a few weeks,,, but please give it some thought .

dondo
06-26-2006, 06:10 PM
:confused:

give what some thought swando?

Tiger Trauma
06-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Luongo is one of the best goalies in the league....if not the best.
I think it was a really good move by vancouver...and by florida, takes some pressure off bert where hockey isnt the #1 sport their.

Also calgary getting tanguay....calgary has a bunch of dmen..and could afford to let one go...while gaining a top notch forward at the same time....although tanguay is eligible for salary arbitration.....I think it was a really good improvement for them

hmm calgary losing game 7 of the stanely cup finals
then edmonton losses game 7 of the stanely cup finals
....I think its vancouver's or ottawa's turn next :laugh:

I heard one rumour on pronger going to florida....and bouwmester coming to edmonton......but it was just a rumour

Triton
06-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Roberto Luongo has agreed to terms with the Vancouver Canucks.

According to CKNW 980 AM in Vancouver, the contract details are as follows: It is a four -year deal worth $27 million ($6 million in first year, $6.5 million in second, $7 in third, $7.5 in fourth), and it includes a no-trade clause in the final three years of the contract.

The deal is expected to be completed and announced within the next 24 hours.

Beaner
06-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Roberto Luongo has agreed to terms with the Vancouver Canucks.

According to CKNW 980 AM in Vancouver, the contract details are as follows: It is a four -year deal worth $27 million ($6 million in first year, $6.5 million in second, $7 in third, $7.5 in fourth), and it includes a no-trade clause in the final three years of the contract.

The deal is expected to be completed and announced within the next 24 hours.

Well, looking good for the Canucks with Loungo signed and Steve Moore filing yet another lawsuit against Bertuzzi. http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2006/06/28/bertuzzi-lawsuit.html

dondo
06-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Moore is becoming a real joke and this 100K punitive stuff is bush-league - his lawyer's dropped down to the level of ambulance chaser now (not that he wasn't before).

Seems like a lot of money for Luongo, but its something the Canucks have never had - an A-list goalie is his prime. Bert's salary should just about balance out this contract which pays Roberto 6M this season so I am assuming a 6M chunk out of the cap.

Looks like we are taking a page from the Devils and building from the net out. Hopefully it bodes well for hockey in Vancouver.

Triton
07-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Just heard Dan Cloutier was traded to the Kings.Not sure for what just yet.I seen it on sportsnet.ca

Triton
07-05-2006, 02:27 PM
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings have acquired goaltender Dan Cloutier from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for a second-round selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and a conditional selection in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, it was announced today by Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi.

Cloutier, 30, played in 13 games this past season for Vancouver and he recorded a 8-3-1 record, a 3.17 goals-against-average and a .892 save-percentage. He was limited to 13 games due to a season-ending knee injury he suffered at Anaheim on November 20, 2005.

"Dan is a proven number one goaltender who gives us stability at a critical position. His game has continued to evolve and I believe his best years are ahead of him. Most importantly, he brings leadership and a competitive fire that translates through to his teammates," said Lombardi.

The first goalie in Canucks history to post three consecutive 30-win seasons (2001-04), Cloutier, a 6-1, 195-pound native of Mont-Laurier, Quebec, set career highs for minutes played (3,539) and goals-against-average (2.27), and he tied career-best marks for wins (33) and save-percentage (.914) during the 2003-04 season while leading Vancouver to the playoffs for a fourth consecutive year.

Cloutier also recorded 33 victories with the Canucks in 2002-03, and the veteran of more than 300 career regular season NHL contests also had 31 victories - including a career high seven shutouts and personal-best 62 games played - in 2001-02, his first full season in Vancouver.

Beaner
07-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Good news for the Canucks, just freed up 2 odd Million of cap space for a goalie that would have been the backup.

Salary dump trade more than anything, but I guess that shows how much Crawford likes Cloutier.

Carebear
07-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Aahhahahah

Zing On Only Getting Traded For Draft Picks!