PDA

View Full Version : NHL Draft

Tiger Trauma
06-24-2006, 09:42 PM
In the 5th round 152 overall Justin bendfield was selected by the phoenix coyotes

Tiger Trauma
06-25-2006, 03:24 AM
In the 7th round 189th overall derek dorsett was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets

rinkrat
06-26-2006, 04:51 PM
In the 7th round 189th overall derek dorsett was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets

Good to see Dorsett get drafted by the Jackets,Brule will need someone to carry his equipment. :clown: (just kidding)

Tiger Trauma
06-26-2006, 11:44 PM
If dorsett does eventually make it to the nhl it will be fun watching him try to get under the skin of guys like chara, thornton,domi.....lol.

SectionNDeserter
06-27-2006, 06:07 AM
How do you guys he is going to adjust to the 'new' WHL rules?

rockinthehouse
06-27-2006, 05:49 PM
If dorsett does eventually make it to the nhl it will be fun watching him try to get under the skin of guys like chara, thornton,domi.....lol.
That's just the thing. I don't think that Dorsett is big enough to take any of those guys on. If Dorsett does make it to the NHL (which I HIGHLY doubt), it will be a very short stint.

Tiger Trauma
06-27-2006, 08:15 PM
How do you guys he is going to adjust to the 'new' WHL rules?

assuming dorsett does come back for another year....
(you are talking about dorsett right?)

Sometimes he was one to take dumb penalites...
but he does have speed, like any player it will take him a couple games to get used to the new "no=tolerance" , but i think in the long run it will benefit him.......or he will set a new record for penatly minutes :laugh:

SectionNDeserter
06-27-2006, 08:48 PM
assuming dorsett does come back for another year....
(you are talking about dorsett right?)
They have some serious depth problems if they sign a player they just selected 260th overall (or whatever) and assigned him to their farm team, though I suppose it has happened before.

Sometimes he was one to take dumb penalites...
but he does have speed, like any player it will take him a couple games to get used to the new "no=tolerance" , but i think in the long run it will benefit him.......or he will set a new record for penatly minutes :laugh:Yup, especially if they crack down on charging ;) But seriously he does have the speed to keep up, so he doesn't have to obstruct players. I think it is the stuff he does away from the play, that he is so famous for that could cause him problems.

Tiger Trauma
06-28-2006, 09:25 PM
colombous depth problems....no way....lol

Refs will be keying on him since they know he is an agitator....he'll just have too control his temper to a certain degree....it may be a problem if the refs call more of the behind the play stuff......but he might also stay away from it more next year cause he will be a 20 yr old....one of the team leaders