PDA

View Full Version : The streak ends

Triton
06-24-2006, 11:03 PM
The streak ended for consecutive years of having a Raider drafted in the NHL entry draft.Not sure how many years it was but it was an impressive streak.Too bad it had to end.Next year they'll have to start the streak again.

Can anyone confirm how many years it was in a row?

FELIX17
06-25-2006, 09:40 AM
The streak ended for consecutive years of having a Raider drafted in the NHL entry draft.Not sure how many years it was but it was an impressive streak.Too bad it had to end.Next year they'll have to start the streak again.

Can anyone confirm how many years it was in a row?
25 years in a row dating back to 1981 when James Patrick was drafted 9th overall to the New York Rangers. It was an impressive streak.

Sabes
06-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Jase Weslosky is Raiders property and was drafted 108th by the Islanders.

Dwight Schrute
06-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Jase Weslosky is Raiders property and was drafted 108th by the Islanders.
who is he ?????

Sabes
06-25-2006, 02:09 PM
who is he ?????

He's a goalie that played for Sherwood Park in the AJHL. Is slated to go to St. Cloud State.

Dwight Schrute
06-25-2006, 03:58 PM
He's a goalie that played for Sherwood Park in the AJHL. Is slated to go to St. Cloud State.
ah i see. its too bad i thought after the way hewson progressed through the year he would have been a late round pick. also i thought ottman had an outside chance till he was injured. anyone know if anyone opted out of the draft ?
i had heard depape was going to opt out with hopes of haveing a better chance next year(even though its a deeper draft).