PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes Acquire Vantuch

Beaner
06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
from www.whl.ca

Hurricanes Acquire Vantuch
Created: Jun 27, 2006

Lethbridge, AB – Lethbridge Hurricanes General Manager Roy Stasiuk announced the team has acquired Czech forward Lukas Vantuch from the Calgary Hitmen.

In exchange for Vantuch, the ‘Canes send forward Isaac Reid and their first pick in tomorrow’s Canadian Hockey League Import Draft, 17th overall, to the Hitmen.

“Lukas is a big forward with a high skill level who may have a better opportunity to produce offensively with our team,” Stasiuk said. “There were two considerations in acquiring Lukas; the first being the uncertainty of who may, or may not, report if drafted and the second consideration being Lukas is Tomas Kudelka’s best friend.”

In 68 games with the Hitmen last season, Vantuch had four goals and 15 assists, 70 minutes in penalties and was a plus-7. The Hitmen drafted Vantuch 39th overall in the 2005 CHL Import Draft. The product of Jihlava, Czech Republic was drafted by the Boston Bruins in the 6th round of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, 172 overall.

SeventhHeaven4U
06-28-2006, 02:49 AM
10-Jan - Calgary Hitmen Trade Isaac Reid (17) and a 5th Rnd Pick in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft To The Lethbridge Hurricanes In Exchange for a 4th Rnd Pick in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft

Reid played only 7games with the Canes... anyone know why he didn't play after January?? I don't recall any injuries.... did Reid refuse to play?? Kinda strange we trade him back to the team we got him from!

In exchange for Vantuch, the ‘Canes send forward Isaac Reid and their first pick in tomorrow’s Canadian Hockey League Import Draft, 17th overall, to the Hitmen.

I think the Canes got the better end of the bargain in these two trades tho, can't wait to see what Vantuch can spark this next season!!!

Trav
06-28-2006, 07:18 PM
used the pick they got from the Hurricanes on Robin Figren who is supposed to be pretty good. Hard to say who got the better of the deal right now but I think Calgary did well on the pick and trade.

grainbear
06-30-2006, 09:37 PM
It reminds me of the situation where the European import from I think it was Seattle was sent home. Has to have been more then a disagreement with the coach. But then again the board , did clean house with gm , coach last year and the board keep stating they want to encourage family values. What ever that means we will never know ? All , I can say is Reid has potential and size I hope he does well in Calgary but not when he is playing us.