PDA

View Full Version : Blades 1st Import Draft pick

wango tango
06-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Rastislav Konecny. played with hk trnava, in the slovak junior league last season. 6'1", 183 pounds. he can play centre or wing, shoots right. in 45 games in his league last season he had 35 goals and 30 assists. at the 2006 world under 18 tournament he had three goals in six games.

Triton
06-28-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm jealous.That kid is awesome.I had the pleasure of seeing him play a couple times.He is gonna light it up this year.Good pick.Can't wait to see hom come to play the Raiders.

wango tango
06-28-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm jealous.That kid is awesome.I had the pleasure of seeing him play a couple times.He is gonna light it up this year.Good pick.Can't wait to see hom come to play the Raiders.

if you don't mind me asking where did you see him, and what can you remember about his game?

i have to admit i'm curious and hopeful about the pick.

Trav
06-28-2006, 03:20 PM
will he report? I'm surprised he didnt go earlier in the draft. He does sound like a good pick though, like to see a 17 yr old picked in the 2nd round.

wango tango
06-28-2006, 03:44 PM
i'm betting he's coming.

i'm confused the import draft board and the blades site says he is '07 draft eligible, yet he was also listed by central scouting for the '06 draft... :confused:

Triton
06-28-2006, 04:14 PM
if you don't mind me asking where did you see him, and what can you remember about his game?

i have to admit i'm curious and hopeful about the pick.

I seen him at the U17 in Lethbridge in 2005.Very fast,controls the play,smart,knows how to be physical while limiting himself to make mistakes.He also has a knack around the net.And although he didn't score a ton in that tourny(The entire team struggles),he had a ton of chances and created room for himself and others.

wango tango
06-28-2006, 04:38 PM
I seen him at the U17 in Lethbridge in 2005.Very fast,controls the play,smart,knows how to be physical while limiting himself to make mistakes.He also has a knack around the net.And although he didn't score a ton in that tourny(The entire team struggles),he had a ton of chances and created room for himself and others.

thanks i appreciate it.

howley
06-28-2006, 05:50 PM
65 points in 45 games?! I'm amazed he didn't go sooner in the draft but I'm not complaining. Looking forward to watching him.

mojo20
06-28-2006, 07:48 PM
He seems like a very talented player..I think he will be a great addition to the team!

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-28-2006, 08:18 PM
i think this is a really good thing with the loss of some good scorers from last year he will give us some goals maybe not as many in his first year but hell get into a grove no doupt about it

Trav
06-28-2006, 08:56 PM
up front. Remember Barnes, Rabbit can still be back, Rabbit the more likely one. Setoguchi is 19 so he can be back, not trying to be biased but I seriously dont think Seto is ready for the NHL. We lose Klassen, Bahensky and Bader up front at least, hopefully that'll be all.

That leaves

Setoguchi 40 goal scorer perhaps if he returns
Barnes - 25-30 goals
Rabbit - 25-30 goals
Konecrny - 15-20 goals in his first year would be good, 25-30 would be great but I'm guessing he'll get about 15-20 goals, playing on the top two lines.

Not looking to bad.

I would suspect this Czech defensemen will be offensive since he's small.