PDA

View Full Version : Warriors nab Czech forward

Triton
06-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Warriors select with their pick,forward Richard Rapac from Zlin,Czech Republic.

More information here...http://www.eurohockey.net/players/show_player.cgi?serial=82716

Warrior Fan
06-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Looks like an undrafted 19 year old with good stats and decent teams. Looks like they want to fill a void being left by gradutated players. If he is 19 that means he may have something to prove as well. If he wants to get to the next level.
He scored well and has a few pims as well so he must be competitor or real dirty for the czech league. LOL
I am sure they will find a spot for him up front if he can play.

Warrior Fan
06-29-2006, 10:55 AM
It says that Rapac is a high scoring forward that didn't get to play that much last season due to a bout with mono. He had 32 points in 34 games. Lang says he feels Rapac could have a big impact in the Whl next season as he is high end player.

Sounds promising.... just makes me look forward to camp that much more.

I guess the nice thing is we have some scoring returning in Holzapfel and McArdle so we aren't going to be goal starved for sure. Wray/Smith and Robinson all show good potential. 16 year old rookie Jason Bast impressed as well and should do fine with more ice time. Now with Rapac and the possible return of both Boyd and Jones we could really be set up with an all star cast if things pan out. Labreche, Prokop and Grecica will likely be the 16 year olds on the team this season. We won't have a 16 year old on the back end now that we have 6 returning dmen. That could change if Boyd and Jones come back. I would then say that Simpson or Zetariuk would be moved if that happened and we would have to add one more young dman at that point. I would then go with Ryan Stanton. He has impressed the staff and is going to push for a spot on the team.
We added 18 year old Frere who is a skilled man that didn't fit into Sutters style of play much like Jones/Marjamaki. We needed dmen in that age group and Lang has addressed that need. We now have 6 dmen returning with experience in the league.
Simpson, Chapman, Erhardt, Grundling, Zetariuk, Frere and Sutter has some.
With all the youth on the back end coming up as well we are going to have some fun for the next few seasons.
We appear to be set in goal as well with Joey Perricone and Kevin Jebson. Others will press for the back up role but right now I have to go with Jebson.