PDA

View Full Version : Our Swiss euro pick

Chipper
06-28-2006, 07:58 PM
from Kootenayice.net

ICE SELECT FORWARD IN CHL IMPORT DRAFT
For More Information Contact: Sara Jerke
Wednesday, June 28th, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cranbrook, BC – Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager for the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club announced today the club has selected 18-year-old Forward Arnaud Jacquemet in the first round (47th overall) of today’s 15th annual CHL Import Draft.

“It is very difficult to draft any European player as for the most part teams have not had the opportunity to watch these players over the course of the season. Arnaud comes highly recommended by Allan Walsh, a player agent who we have used several times in the past for the CHL Import Draft. We look forward to further evaluating Arnaud when he attends Training Camp in August and hopefully he will be a regular contributor to our club during the 2006-07 season,” continued Chynoweth.

ARNAUD JACQUEMET

Birthdate: March 29, 1988 Country: Switzerland

Position: Right Wing Shoots: Right

Height: 6’1” Weight: 185 lbs

NHL Draft: Eligible 2007

YEAR TEAM GP G A PTS PIM

2006 World Under 18 5 0 1 1 4

2006 Four Nation Tournament

2006 Viking Cup 5 0 2 2 6

05-06 Switzerland BIEL 48 6 8 14 16

2005 Eight Nation Tournament

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chipper
06-28-2006, 08:00 PM
If I read between the line I think there is a lot of ifs with this pick. You just never know what you are going to get and I am very surprised at a pick from Switzerland. I hope he can play at our level

Toswammi
06-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I would be scared to draft a Swiss player just because if they can play pro in Switzerland they stand to make some good money.