PDA

View Full Version : Happy about Lewis coaching Bruins

patsdude114
06-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Myself i am very happy with Dave Lewis getting the coaching job in Boston recently...(might be alittle selfish but.......) Lewis isnt really a coach that likes to have young teenagers in his line-up for a whole season...the youngest player in his line-up the last season he coached there was Jason Williams and he was 23 yrs old at the time.....

I know it might be alittle selfish as being a Pats fan but that could favour the Pats in getting Kalus back....Lewis likes a vertern roster and not many rookies especially a teenager for a rookie...

Sure Kalus could still go to Providence Bruins, but i find that very slim at best also ... as i have heard from a very knowlegable NHL scout in Regina.... from what i hear is Wacey Rabbit will make Providence or Ashton Rome/Kris Versteeg before Kalus will get his shot...... the Bruins want Kalus to still develop and get playing time in all situations, he wont get that in Providence or Boston... Look for Kalus to stay up in the NHL or AHL for the 1st week or 2 then look for him to be sent back to Regina to work on his game....

This is just what i have heard, also this way there is very good chance he will get to play for his country again at the WWJ's (better chance with playing in junior then in the pros) remember u cant teach winning you start a kid off as a winner early off like in junior it usually follows the guy throughout his career