PDA

View Full Version : October Friday 13th - First Tiger Home Game

Tiger Trauma
07-01-2006, 07:17 PM
This is no longer tru the scehdul has changed

Well at the beggining of the season our schedule is a bit lame.

7 game roadswing to start out the season...Play 2 games in our barn then we embark on a U.S roadswing for 5 more.

Here are the schedule stats

VS
Central Division
Calgary---8
Lethbridge-10
Kootenay--6 (we better not go 0-6 this year)
Red Deer--8 (7 are in the 2nd half)

32/72 total games

U.S Division
Tri-Cities--1
Portland--1
Spokane--1
Seattle--1
Everett--1

5/72 games.
We dont play a single U.S team at home :(

East Division
Brandon-----4
Pr. Albert----4
Moose Jaw---4
Regina-------4
Saskatoon---4
Swift Current-6
26/72 games

East Division
Kamloops---1
Kelowna---2
Chilliwack--2
Pr. George--2
Vancouver--2
9/72 games

Kristi
07-02-2006, 10:57 AM
What doesn't make any sense to me is splitting up your west swing. You play 4 of the 5 US divison teams in October and the have to come back in January and play Everett and then two games in the BC division.

Why not save money and come ONCE?? This I think is very poor planning on both the WHL and Tigers management.

The US division teams do one big trip when they have to go to the Central and East why can't your teams do the same? Yeah it sucks for the fans not to have any home games for that long and for the players to be away from school but it just seems to me it would make more sense financially to do one big trip.

bandwagonboy
07-07-2006, 07:33 AM
This is just a stupid schedule. I believe the first 13 games all but 2 of them are on the road. I have the feeling that they will come out of the gate really slowly this year. I think there's a good chance that during this long early season road swing they will be without Russell and probably even Dorsett. I would not be suprised to see them start the season 3-9.