PDA

View Full Version : So the initial flurry is over....

SectionNDeserter
07-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Which of the NHL Free Agents do you think is now making far more than what they are worth? My pick is Willie Mitchell of the Canucks at 3.5M, with Kubina of Toronto a close second at 5M.

Toswammi
07-02-2006, 06:09 PM
My FA thoughts.
Roloson is going to be the next Belfour. Just got a feeling that the oil may be regreting this one in the future.
The leafs not learn from the Flyers last year. adding a Big imobile defenseman to go with McCabe (who isnt a good skater). I cant wait for Buffalo to rip this new d apart.
Gerber in Ott, means Hasek is gone (thank god)
Mitchell, and Mckee contracts are a little steep but i am fans of both of them.
Lastly Sakic cant be happy in Colorado right now, they dont have much left with Tanguay gone last week and Blake this week.

SectionNDeserter
07-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Gerber in Ott, means Hasek is gone (thank god)I dunno if Gerber is starting goalie calibre, do you see him in a backup role? I think the Ottawa defense is pretty crap after Redden and Phillips, I suspect they will be making a deal for another decent defenseman yet.

Toswammi
07-02-2006, 07:19 PM
I think that Gerber will platoon with Emery.
As for the defense Corvo should be an adequate replacement for Pothier. There d isnt in too rough shape with the emergance of Meszaros last year.

SectionNDeserter
07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
As for the defense Corvo should be an adequate replacement for Pothier.But they seem to be two very different players.

There d isnt in too rough shape with the emergance of Meszaros last year.Can't really say I noticed him in the regular season, but he looked dreadful in the playoffs. If it weren't for Nik Antropov, Volchenkov would be the worst skater in the league. One thing Corvo will do is add a bit of speed to the blueline however.

Toswammi
07-02-2006, 11:39 PM
The sens could use a top 4 defenseman to replace Chara. I imagine that if/when havlat is dealt they will get one in return.