PDA

View Full Version : Injury Updates

tazndevil
02-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Wondering if anyone had any updates on the injured Hitmen.

I think it will be a while before we see Carson anywhere near the ice. Two concussions in that short of a time frame is pretty hard to deal with for anyone.

Yacboski should be playing tonight, but he was supposed to play on Wednesday and didn't.

And Getzlaf might as well take a while to come back and rest up.I'm thinking another week or 2 and he will be healthy and rested for the stretch run.

Taz

ScottyWazz
02-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I talked to Carson last night-- he said he'd be back for Tuesday's game. They just held him out this weekend as a precaution.

Getz is out for another week or so. He still doesn't look all there, but he's looking better since I last saw him.

Hitmen1
02-14-2005, 04:09 AM
During Saturday nights broadcast on the fan Evason did say Getzlaf was really close...he had went 6 full days without a headache so that is great news...Carson was expected to play on Friday and at the last minute they decided against it just for precautionary reasons...the coaches were also surprised because they had expected him to play Friday night or at least this is what Evason said on the broadcast.

Ergo
02-14-2005, 10:40 AM
During Saturday nights broadcast on the fan Evason did say Getzlaf was really close...he had went 6 full days without a headache so that is great news...

This is third hand information for what it's worth. I talked with someone who saw Getzlaf on the concourse at Fridays game. They said he looked totally out of it and in their mind he would be gone for a few more weeks.

tazndevil
02-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I thought the same thing. He doesn't look quite right. Guess that will teach him for turning his back to a guy like Phanuef and expecting him to let up. (And no I'm not saying the hit was dirty---just saying it was in the numbers)

Saw Carson, apparantly suffered a dislocated jaw and a pinched nerve, but no concussion---should be good for Tuesday's game.

Thought Yacboski looked awesome this weekend after coming back from his bad shoulder.

Taz

Hitmen1
02-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Well Evason did say that Ryan has been riding the bike with no problems...by all the comments I would say maybe he maybe able to return on the weekend when the Ice are in town but its more likely next week sometime.

ScottyWazz
02-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I saw Getzlaf Saturday and he looked a little out of it, but I think that's how he always looked. He was hurting a couple weeks back when I saw him, but he looked somewhat better this past weekend.

Ergo
02-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Getzlaf was on the CFCN news tonight and he looked pretty good to me. Perhaps he'll be back much sooner than the person I spoke with thought.