PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Tourny/Fan Fest info

Tipped Off
07-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Silvertips Fan Fest to Coincide with Pre-Season Event
Everett, WA -July 6, 2006: The 2005-2006 US Division Champions, Everett Silvertips will be hosting the 3rd Annual Everett Silvertips Pre-Season Tournament at the Everett Events Center during the Labor Day Weekend on Friday, September 1, Saturday, September 2 and Sunday, September 3.

Something new this year will be the Everett Silvertips Fan Fest that will coincide with the tournament. The Fan Fest will be a chance for fans to buy individual tickets for the 2006-2007 Silvertips regular season home games at the Everett Events Center. Individual tickets will go on sale on Saturday, September 2, 2006 at Noon at the EEC Box Office. Fans will also get a chance to meet and greet Silvertips Players. Fans will be able to sit in seats that are available for 2006-2007 Season Tickets, and Mini-Game Packages. There will be various attractions, and activities on the concourse of the EEC that fans can take part in. Fans standing in line to purchase individual tickets will also get the chance to win some fabulous Silvertips Prizes. Any patron who purchases individual game tickets will get the chance to attend one of the Pre-Season Tournament games free of charge.

Along with the Silvertips, five other WHL clubs will also be featured during the weekend. The Silvertips U.S. Division foes, Seattle Thunderbirds, Portland Winter Hawks and Spokane Chiefs will participate along with B.C. Division rivals, Kamloops Blazers and the defending WHL Champions, Vancouver Giants will take part in this year’s pre-season event.
Three games will be played each day during the weekend for a total of nine games in all throughout the event. The Everett Silvertips will play all of their games at 7:05 p.m. The 3rd Annual Everett Silvertips Pre-Season Tournament schedule and game times are listed as follows:

Friday, September 1:

11:30 a.m. Portland Winter Hawks vs. Seattle Thunderbirds

3:00 p.m. Vancouver Giants vs. Spokane Chiefs

7:05 p.m. Kamloops Blazers vs. Everett Silvertips

Saturday, September 2:

11:30 a.m. Vancouver Giants vs. Portland Winter Hawks

3:00 p.m. Spokane Chiefs vs. Kamloops Blazers

7:05 p.m. Seattle Thunderbirds vs. Everett Silvertips

Sunday, September 3:

11:30 a.m. Portland Winter Hawks vs. Kamloops Blazers

3:00 p.m. Spokane Chiefs vs. Seattle Thunderbirds

7:05 p.m. Vancouver Giants vs. Everett Silvertips

Single game ticket prices for the tournament remain unchanged from last year. Single game tickets are $10 and fans can save money by purchasing a Tournament Ticket Package. Tournament Ticket Packages are just $50.00 per person (a $40.00 savings over walkup prices) for all nine-tournament games.

Ticket packages for the Pre-Season Tournament go on sale Tuesday, August 1, 2006 @ 9 a.m. at the Silvertips Office, which is located inside the Everett Events Center (corner of Hewitt and Lombard). Fans may call the Silvertips office at 425-252-5100 and charge by phone (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover). Tickets packages will remain on sale through Thursday, August 31 at 5:00 p.m. Single game tickets for the tournament will also go on sale at the Everett Events Center Box Office on Monday, August 14, 2006 at 12:00 p.m. Fans can also order tickets by calling 1-866-EEC-TIXX or online at www.everettsilvertips.com. Normal ticketing fees apply if ordering online or via phone.

Everett Silvertips Hockey Club
Keith Armstrong-Director of Ticket Sales
email: keitha@everettsilvertips.com
phone: 425-609-2809

ihlemic10
07-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Looks like a similiar schedule to last year, hopefully this time we won't have the game with 30 or so penalties...

Beaner
07-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Looks like a similiar schedule to last year, hopefully this time we won't have the game with 30 or so penalties...

New NHL rules this year. Might be lucky if the games ONLY have 30 penalties. :spineyes:

Ahh defending WHL champion Vancouver Giants, I like the sound of that. :)

Tipped Off
07-07-2006, 09:32 AM
while last year the WHL said they didn't change anything on penalties, this year is different, they have openly said they are adopting the NHL's new stricter penalty enforcement. This should be very interesting as the stick checking the WHL has almost encouraged over the years should be a penalty now. Smaller, quicker lineups will be coming.

Kristi
07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I am going to be buying my seats for this but will have the following games available for sale

I will sell the tickets for $5.00 each (half of walk up price!!)

Friday
Morning and Afternoon

Saturday
All Games

So let me know if you are interested in purchasing tickets from me and we can figure out how to meet up etc.

~Kristi

Carebear
07-07-2006, 10:11 AM
I might have to take a little road trip! That sounds awesome! I might try and get out there for all the Sunday games...since Monday is a holiday.

Good early chance to see my boys, and see the new Canucks Grabner!

Anyone other Giants fans gonna go?

Oh, and to those of you who have been before..does it sell out?

Kristi
07-07-2006, 12:57 PM
I might have to take a little road trip! That sounds awesome! I might try and get out there for all the Sunday games...since Monday is a holiday.

No it will not sell out! No problem getting ticket walk up!

Carebear
07-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Awesome, well I'll probably see you there Kristi!

ihlemic10
07-08-2006, 02:30 PM

Considering the non Tips games had under 1,000 people there I think you are in good shape. The Friday morning game had maybe 150 people there last year, nice and personal with the players. You could hear all the coaches yelling at refs and I am pretty sure Slade heard us yelling at him last year...

dondo
08-09-2006, 03:56 PM

well scrunt and I are going - we don't have seats yet (cause the regular 'Tips STH have until August 11th to request specific seats), but we have a place to crash booked and have purchased the ticket package.

So we'll probably see you there CB.. hey if you want, get in touch before you buy specific tickets and maybe you can get some close to where we are sitting (hopefully front row in the corner as is our want).

I don't think single tickets go on-sale 'til next week anyway

Kristi
08-09-2006, 04:02 PM
See you Friday night (beverages after??) and Sunday probably afternoon and evening(for sure!)

Carebear
08-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Not sure if I'm going yet as I have yet to find someone to go with me.
I'M TRYIN THOUGH!

dondo
08-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I think she was talking to me Ms bear ;)

yeah if it works out Kristi - drinks after on Friday would be good

Carebear
08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
And I was talking in response to you, not her, Mr Dond.
PS - Where you guys stayin? My friend and I should stay at the same place..HOTEL PARTAY!

ihlemic10
08-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Hopefully we won't have another 'go vancouver' rally, I heard it got nasty in the playoffs last year...

scrunt
08-28-2006, 07:33 PM
PS - Where you guys stayin? My friend and I should stay at the same place..HOTEL PARTAY!

Me and dondo will be at the Travelodge of Everett, just across the street from the EEC. Handy and the cheapest I could find. We may have to do a mini road trip or two to find some good brewpubs with hoppy IPA's, though. Any suggestions from the locals?

The 'Tips office are keeping me in the dark about the location of our seats: apparently they are already in an envelope at will call and not available for reference. They did say when I ordered them that they would try to get us Row 1 in a corner, let's hope they come through!

I can hardly wait!

dondo
08-28-2006, 07:59 PM

Oh I see Miss Bear ;) silly me - oh and what scrunt said ^

btw CB are you going to make it after all or is it still in the works?

ihlemic10
08-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Me and dondo will be at the Travelodge of Everett, just across the street from the EEC. Handy and the cheapest I could find. We may have to do a mini road trip or two to find some good brewpubs with hoppy IPA's, though. Any suggestions from the locals?

The 'Tips office are keeping me in the dark about the location of our seats: apparently they are already in an envelope at will call and not available for reference. They did say when I ordered them that they would try to get us Row 1 in a corner, let's hope they come through!

I can hardly wait!

I am a season ticket holder with one seat, I ordered 5 and they kept me in the dark as to where they were untill I picked them up...so don't worry, they are doing it everyone. They even told me the other 4 could be up a few rows, talk about bizzare.

Kristi
08-29-2006, 08:41 AM

I can hardly wait!

How much are you paying for the Travellodge? The Holiday Inn about 2 blocks east of that is about $65 a night if you ask for the WHL rate and they have a bar in the place! I would personally cancel at the Travellodge and book at the Holiday Inn. (It is BRAND NEW!!)

Scuttlebutt down on the waterfront is a good brew pub with yummy fish and chips (they are closed on Sundays) and Tailgater Joes is where I'll be hangingn out (have to be over 21 to get in there so no kids which I like!!)

GF71
08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Kristi, how far away is the baseball park from the EEC? The Vancouver Canadians are going to be there that weekend as well, and it be something to do at night..

Highlander_Yank
08-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Giantsfan71 asked ...

> how far away is the baseball park from the EEC?

I'm not Kristi, but it's about a 5-minute drive down Broadway, give or take. Taking in some baseball ought to be no problem at all.

GF71
08-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks Highlander!

Kristi
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
A few blocks you could walk it. They play at 2 on Sunday just FYI!

Not going to go to the night games to see me? FINE THEN!

dondo
08-29-2006, 06:14 PM
How much are you paying for the Travellodge? The Holiday Inn about 2 blocks east of that is about $65 a night if you ask for the WHL rate and they have a bar in the place! I would personally cancel at the Travellodge and book at the Holiday Inn. (It is BRAND NEW!!)

Scuttlebutt down on the waterfront is a good brew pub with yummy fish and chips (they are closed on Sundays) and Tailgater Joes is where I'll be hangingn out (have to be over 21 to get in there so no kids which I like!!)

about the same rate Kristi and the rooms are already booked so maybe I'll consider the Holiday Inn next time -- thx for the heads-up

scrunt
08-29-2006, 07:32 PM

Sounds good. I hear Diamond Knot in Mukilteo has a couple of serious IPA's on tap too. And Skagit River Brewery in Mount Vernon seems like a primo diversion on the way home... It's gonna be a challenge fitting all this beer-discovering in between the hockey. I hate it when that happens... ;)

Carebear
08-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Can someone please give me a time estimate from the border to Everett?

Looks like I might be coming down just for Sunday. Just wanna know what time I'd have to leave at and such.
I live like 10 minutes from the border, so I just need the time from the border into Everett.

Kristi
08-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Can someone please give me a time estimate from the border to Everett?

Looks like I might be coming down just for Sunday. Just wanna know what time I'd have to leave at and such.
I live like 10 minutes from the border, so I just need the time from the border into Everett.

about 70 minutes give or take depending on how fast you drive!! :)

Carebear
08-31-2006, 02:24 PM
about 70 minutes give or take depending on how fast you drive!! :)

Thanks Kristi.
Normally I drive fast.
But I really don't want to get a speeding ticket in the US, so I'll be doing the speed limit. ;)

Where are you other Giants fans going to be sitting?

scrunt
08-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey, is there a good spot in the EEC that we could designate as a place for fellow whlfans to loiter, making it easier to identify one another? Dondo is easily identifiable by the whiskers and cane (presuming he has neither shaved nor fully healed since I last saw him), but I'm sure most of the rest of us blend into the crowd a little better, making it hard to pick each other out.

Goin, on a road trip, hockey and good beer, yippee! :bounce: :groovy: :clap:

dondo
08-31-2006, 08:33 PM
well i guess I won't shave then ;) - but my hair is a lot shorter (but you've seen that), and the cane will be in tow. I think the Giants jersey will only come out for Giants games though.

Kristi
08-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey, is there a good spot in the EEC that we could designate as a place for fellow whlfans to loiter, making it easier to identify one another? Dondo is easily identifiable by the whiskers and cane (presuming he has neither shaved nor fully healed since I last saw him), but I'm sure most of the rest of us blend into the crowd a little better, making it hard to pick each other out.

Goin, on a road trip, hockey and good beer, yippee! :bounce: :groovy: :clap:

Open end of the rink at the new bar. You all can buy me beer!! :)

scrunt
08-31-2006, 10:27 PM

Done deal! (except Bud or Corona, I'm a bit of a beer snob)

Kristi
08-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Done deal! (except Bud or Corona, I'm a bit of a beer snob)

LOL! I only drink Bud Light! Sorry......might have buy me a pineapple juice and rum then! :)

I will have on either a Wall home Anaheim jeresy or Calla Top prospects tomorrow night. I just am not sure which one I am going to wear. My husband will be in an away Wall Anaheim jersey

Redwic
08-31-2006, 10:44 PM

I thought that hosts usually buy for guests!

Oh, wait... On second thought, that would also make me a guest as well...
OK... New rule: Guests buy for the host(s), like Kristi originally said! :laugh:

I can't wait visiting fans in Everett, this weekend! It should be a lot of fun! :thumb:

Kristi
08-31-2006, 10:49 PM
I thought that hosts usually buy for guests!

Oh, wait... On second thought, that would also make me a guest as well...
OK... New rule: Guests buy for the host(s), like Kristi originally said! :laugh:

I can't wait visiting fans in Everett, this weekend! It should be a lot of fun! :thumb:

A woman at a hockey game should never have to buy her own drinks! I learned this at Memorial Cup!!! :) I didn't buy one drink at either I have been too. (Well I've been to three but the 1st one didn't have a beer garden!!)

Redwic
08-31-2006, 11:07 PM
A woman at a hockey game should never have to buy her own drinks! I learned this at Memorial Cup!!! :) I didn't buy one drink at either I have been too. (Well I've been to three but the 1st one didn't have a beer garden!!)

I'm still broke (monetarily speaking) as a result of my automobile collision, which forced me to get a new car! Well, I'll still be available to meet & greet people, with or without drinks!

Carebear
09-01-2006, 01:02 AM
It's official.

I will be making my appearance on...SUNDAY!

Black & Pink Giants t-shirt, or Huntbunny shirt, haven't decided yet.

SAY HI!

birdeater
09-01-2006, 04:31 AM
hey im kind of new but if you see me say hi :wave:

ihlemic10
09-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks Kristi.
Normally I drive fast.
But I really don't want to get a speeding ticket in the US, so I'll be doing the speed limit. ;)

Where are you other Giants fans going to be sitting?

In Washington State there is no fine for less than 5 over the limit...so if you stay in the pack of traffic you should be fine...

ihlemic10
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM

I get the shaft on that one...argh.

Kristi
09-01-2006, 09:41 AM
I get the shaft on that one...argh.

only for three more years!! :) you can watch from the outside!! hee hee! :p

ihlemic10
09-01-2006, 09:49 AM
I may just do that if I get bored enough...or if Laura shows up, I will definetly come see you to avoid her...

Carebear
09-01-2006, 10:09 AM
In Washington State there is no fine for less than 5 over the limit...so if you stay in the pack of traffic you should be fine...

I tyically do about 20 over. :evil:
So I'll be forced to drive very safely on Sunday. I've heard horror stories about Canadians getting tickets in the States.

Kristi
09-01-2006, 10:11 AM
So I'll be forced to drive very safely on Sunday. I've heard horror stories about Canadians getting tickets in the States.

Good idea with is being a holiday weekend state patrol will be out in force!!

ihlemic10
09-01-2006, 10:11 AM

Well 20K/h is only like 2MPH anway so you are safe...:)

Carebear
09-01-2006, 04:16 PM

When did they change the schedule so that Van plays Everett tonight!?!?!??!

*** IS GOING ON.

I'm not a happy camper! :mad: :mad:

Kristi
09-01-2006, 04:20 PM

When did they change the schedule so that Van plays Everett tonight!?!?!??!

*** IS GOING ON.

I'm not a happy camper! :mad: :mad:

I am not sure when the schedule got changed. I didn't know it had changed until a couple days ago!

Carebear
09-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Cara's an angry girl. And you don't want to see Cara angry.
Now I dont get to see Everett-Van...which would be the best game. :( :mad: :(

Pfft..now I have to watch us destroy the Chiefs.

And then watch Everett kill Seattle.
I'M CHEERING FOR SEATTLE THOUGH!
Only because its more fun to cheer for the away teams. ;)

ihlemic10
09-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Cara's an angry girl. And you don't want to see Cara angry.
Now I dont get to see Everett-Van...which would be the best game. :( :mad: :(

Pfft..now I have to watch us destroy the Chiefs.

And then watch Everett kill Seattle.
I'M CHEERING FOR SEATTLE THOUGH!
Only because its more fun to cheer for the away teams. ;)

Away teams, thats your excuse...

Carebear
09-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Well...obviously I'm gonna cheer for Van.

Then in the Everett-Seattle game I'm gonna cheer for Seattle...it's fun.

Carebear
09-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Anyone know if Grabner is playing?