PDA

View Full Version : Bartel dealt for Yeomans

Triton
07-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Defenseman Clayton Barthel traded to Rockets
Seattle, July 7, 2006 - Seattle Thunderbirds General Manager Russ Farwell today announced the team has acquired goaltender Derek Yeomans from the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for defenseman Clayton Barthel.

“Derek has proven to be a top goaltender in our league and with our depth on defense this trade shores up a very important dimension of our team for the 06-07 season,” said Farwell. “Clayton was a very positive contributor for all four seasons he was here and we wish him the best in his home city with the Rockets.”

Yeomans is a 20-year-old from St. Albert, Alberta. In three seasons with the Rockets he played in 116 games and has a record of 66-34-1-2 with eight ties and 11 shutouts. Yeomans has a career Goals Against Average of 2.04 and a career Save Percentage of .917.

Yeomans has played 33 playoffs games with the Rockets and has a 19-11 record with two overtime losses and four shutouts.

Barthel is a 20-year-old that has played the last four seasons in Seattle. In 262 career games with the T- Birds he has 17 goals and 46 assists for 63 points. Barthel has a career plus/minus rating of plus-16 with 354 penalty minutes.

Barthel was selected by the Washington Capitals in the third round, 88th overall, of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft but was not signed.

Seattle opens training camp for the 2006-07 season with the Rookie Camp on August 24 at Kingsgate Ice Arena in Kirkland. The T-Birds Main Camp will start on August 26. Training camp is open to the public at no charge.

grainbear
07-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Ophsal , once again does not get the chance to be the first string goaltender. I am wondering if he will report , what say u thunderbird fans ?

rinkrat
07-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Ophsal , once again does not get the chance to be the first string goaltender. I am wondering if he will report , what say u thunderbird fans ?
Opshal deserves a chance IMO,he seems like a good goalie to me.

LifelongChiefsFan
07-09-2006, 07:45 AM

It's kind of a shame that Ophsal won't be a starter. A couple years ago when he Platooned with Watt, he definitley showed alot of promise, but never has really gotten a shot to shine.

Beaner
07-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Opshal deserves a chance IMO,he seems like a good goalie to me.

I agree fully, I dont understand why he isnt getting the shot somewhere at #1.

Carebear
07-12-2006, 11:46 PM
YAAAAAAAAY!
Now Clayton will be playing at home! :clap:

AND I'll get to see him play more often! WOOT