PDA

View Full Version : Mueller Showing His Stuff at Camp

Tipped Off
07-11-2006, 09:13 AM
MUELLER SHOWS NHL POTENTIAL AT CAMP

By: David Breitman
Phoenixcoyotes.com
Photos by Norm Hall

During an impressive week at the Phoenix Coyote’s Rookie Camp, 2006 1st-Round Draft Pick Peter Mueller continues to improve his skills in hopes of making the Coyote’s line-up during the upcoming season.

“I’m really hoping I can learn from this week and show the coaches what I got,” said Mueller. “Being an NHL player has always been my dream and I can’t wait to get a chance to make this team.”

Following a tremendous rookie season playing in the Western Hockey League (WHL), the eighth overall draft pick from 2006, capped off his 26-goal season by receiving his Rookie of the Year honors.

“I really benefited playing in such a competitive league,” said Mueller of the WHL. “I feel like I got a lot out of the season up there in Everett.”

After finishing second in scoring amongst all WHL rookies, Mueller made history when he became the first player from the Everett Silvertips to be selected in the NHL Entry Draft.

“I was honored,” said Mueller. “I had a great year in Everett and I owe a lot of my success to the team.”

Mueller’s size (6’2, 205-lbs) and speed make him a presence at either end of the ice and a tremendous talent that the Coyotes hope to develop for years to come.

“There’s no question why we drafted him,” said Coyotes General Manager Michael Barnett. “His abilities speak for themselves and after watching him for years, we’re excited to have a player like him in the organization.”

Though it’s uncertain whether Mueller will display his talent on the NHL stage in 2006, Barnett remains optimistic of Mueller’s progress regardless of where he plays.

“If its here in Phoenix or back in Everett, he’s going to keep improving,” said Barnett. “We’ll have a better gauge on that towards the beginning of the season.”

Regardless of where Mueller plays this coming season, the would-be rookie is happy to soak up the NHL atmosphere with the dozens of gifted prospects in attendance at this week’s Summer Rookie Camp.

“There’s so much talent out here,” said Mueller. “It’s on a totally different level and I just hope to get my chance to play for the organization.”