PDA

View Full Version : Heshka Signs NHL Contract with Vancouver

Kristi
07-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Heshka Signs NHL Contract with Vancouver
Former Silvertips Defenseman Inks Deal with Canucks
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - Former Everett Silvertips defenseman Shaun Heshka has signed a 3-year entry level NHL contract with the Vancouver Canucks earlier today. For the Silvertips, Heshka becomes the sixth player in Silvertips franchise history to sign an NHL contract.

The Melville, SK native played his entire WHL career with the Silvertips and is currently the 2nd all time leading scorer in Silvertips franchise history with 107 points (25 goals, 82 assists) in 204 games played. Heshka is also the all time Silvertips leader in career assists (82) and games played (204). Shaun also holds the Silvertips single season record in assists with 49 helpers during the 2005-2006 season.

Last season Heshka finished 2nd on the Silvertips in scoring and 2nd in the WHL in defensemen scoring with 59 points (10 goals, 49 assists). Shaun received Western Conference Second All-Star Team honors and was named the Greyhound WHL Player of the Week (January 9 -15).

Heshka was the Silvertips Assistant Caption in both the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons. In 2003-04, he received the Silvertips Unsung Hero Award and in 2004-05 he received both the Silvertips Booster Club F.I.E.R.C.E. Predator Award and the Silvertips Ironman Award.

"Shaun played a huge role in the success of our club the past three seasons and we wish him the best of luck," said Silvertips Director of Operations Zoran Rajcic. "We are excited that he will be joining the Canucks organization and we think that it is a great opportunity for him."

"I am thrilled to sign my first pro contract with the Vancouver Canucks organization," mentions Shaun Heshka. "My time spent here in Everett was a great experience and I would like to thank the Silvertips organization and the Everett fans for their help and dedication."

Beaner
07-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Congrats Shaun, best of luck.

dondo
07-12-2006, 09:23 PM
looking forward to seeing what he can do for the Canucks and or Moose.

Swando
07-13-2006, 03:12 AM
Congrats to Shawn.. still I come back to an earlier post I made about Nucks not signing Albers.

Beaner
07-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Congrats to Shawn.. still I come back to an earlier post I made about Nucks not signing Albers.

Not to defend the Canucks, but they could have made an offer that Albers turned down.

Tipped Off
07-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Canucks sign former Everett defenseman
Heshka gets entry-level, three-year deal

By Nick Patterson
Herald Writer

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/06/07/13/100spo_c01heshka001.cfm

EVERETT - One of the Everett Silvertips' originals is getting a crack at the big time.

Former Silvertips defenseman Shaun Heshka signed an entry-level, three-year contract with the NHL's Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday.

Heshka probably will play the upcoming season for Vancouver's American Hockey League affiliate in Manitoba. The Canucks recently parted ways with their East Coast Hockey League affiliate in Columbia, S.C., which would have been Heshka's other possible destination.

"I am thrilled to sign my first pro contract with the Vancouver Canucks organization," Heshka said in a statement. "My time spent here in Everett was a great experience and I would like to thank the Silvertips organization and the Everett fans for their help and dedication."

Heshka is the sixth former Silvertip to sign an NHL contract, joining forwards Riley Armstrong and John Lammers, defensemen Ivan Baranka and Mitch Love, and goaltender Michael Wall.

Heshka, 20, came to Everett in 2003 as a player who'd been passed up by the rest of the WHL, and he was originally sent home during the Silvertips' inaugural training camp. However, Heshka was later called back and in his three seasons with Everett he progressed from an afterthought into a two-time assistant captain and all-star.

The 6-foot-1, 206-pound native of Melville, Saskatchewan, is the second-leading scorer in Everett franchise history with 107 points. His career totals for games (204) and assists (82) are both franchise records.

Last season as an overage player, Heshka finished second on the team in scoring with 59 points (10 goals, 49 assists), was second in the league in scoring among defensemen and was named a second-team Western Conference All-Star.

"Shaun played a huge role in the success of our club over the past three seasons and we wish him the best of luck," Everett director of business operations Zoran Rajcic said in a statement. "We are excited that he will be joining the Canucks organization and we think that is a great opportunity for him."

Tipped Off
07-31-2006, 09:03 AM
.....in one of the WORST kept secrets of all time....

Posted : : 07/24/2006
Heshka Signs NHL Contract with Vancouver
Former Silvertips Defenseman Inks Deal with Canucks
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - The Vancouver Canucks "officially" announced to today that they have signed former Everett Silvertips defenseman Shaun Heshka to a 3-year entry level NHL contract. For the Silvertips, Heshka becomes the sixth player in Silvertips franchise history to sign an NHL contract.

The Melville, SK native played his entire WHL career with the Silvertips and is currently the 2nd all time leading scorer in Silvertips franchise history with 107 points (25 goals, 82 assists) in 204 games played. Heshka is also the all time Silvertips leader in career assists (82) and games played (204). Shaun also holds the Silvertips single season record in assists with 49 helpers during the 2005-2006 season.

Last season Heshka finished 2nd on the Silvertips in scoring and 2nd in the WHL in defensemen scoring with 59 points (10 goals, 49 assists). Shaun received Western Conference Second All-Star Team honors and was named the Greyhound WHL Player of the Week (January 9 -15).

Heshka was the Silvertips Assistant Captain in both the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons. In 2003-04, he received the Silvertips Unsung Hero Award and in 2004-05 he received both the Silvertips Booster Club F.I.E.R.C.E. Predator Award and the Silvertips Ironman Award.

"Shaun played a huge role in the success of our club the past three seasons and we wish him the best of luck," said Silvertips Director of Operations Zoran Rajcic. "We are excited that he will be joining the Canucks organization and we think that it is a great opportunity for him."

"I am thrilled to sign my first pro contract with the Vancouver Canucks organization," mentions Shaun Heshka. "My time spent here in Everett was a great experience and I would like to thank the Silvertips organization and the Everett fans for their help and dedication."

Season tickets and mini game packages for the 2006-2007 season are currently on sale by contacting the Silvertips office at (425) 252-5100.

Ticket packages for the 3rd Annual Silvertips Pre-Season Tournament go on sale Tuesday, August 1, 2006 at 9:00 a.m. at the Silvertips Office, which is located inside the Everett Events Center (corner of Hewitt and Lombard). Fans may call the Silvertips office at 425-252-5100 and charge by phone (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover). Tickets packages will remain on sale through Thursday, August 31 at 5:00 p.m.