View Full Version : Player Profile: Zack Dailey

Tipped Off
07-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Posted : : 07/07/2006
Silvertips Player Profile: Zack Dailey
Everett Silvertips Press Release
http://www.everettsilvertips.com/news/story.cfm?ID=521

Photo courtsey of Katrina’s Sports Photography
Everett, WA - Silvertips forward Zack Dailey had a very strong rookie campaign for the Silvertips during the 2005-2006 season. Overall in his first WHL campaign, the Healy, Alaska native tallied 7 goals and 9 assists for 16 points and a +10 rating. Silvertips play by play man Keith Gerhart had a chance to chat with Zack about his first full season in the WHL.

Keith Gerhart: How would you sum up your first season in the WHL?

Zack Dailey: I thought it went pretty well. I thought I held my own and learned a lot about myself. I played a lot in key situations and developed my game in my first season.

KG: How did you feel when you scored your first WHL goal?

ZD: It definitely took a lot of pressure off of me. It was great to get, but unfortunately we did not win the game which took some excitement away from the goal.

KG: Which players on the Silvertips have helped you along in your first season?

ZD: Torrie Wheat and Mark Kress really helped along the way last season. Torrie sat next to me in the dressing room and encouraged me and taught me a lot about playing in the WHL. Mark Kress was great to by encouraging me this season and telling me advice and keeping my head up when things don't go as well. I owe them a lot.

KG: What was it like for you going to school and playing hockey this season?

ZD: It was very challenging but fun at the same time. Everett High School is a great school and the teachers were very good to me. The challenge was doing homework late at night and on the bus but I got through it pretty good. It was a very good learning experience.

KG: Do you have any advice for the rookies coming to the Silvertips this season?

ZD: Just play hard every time you are on the ice and have fun. Be thankful for all the playing time that you get and learn from every experience. But mainly have fun and prepare to learn.

For Audio Highlights of Zack Dailey, click on the broadcasts link on the Silvertips website.