View Full Version : Player Profile: Eric Doyle

Tipped Off
07-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Posted : : 07/14/2006
Silvertips Player Profile: #4 Eric Doyle

Doyle Ready and Willing to Make Team Canada’s Under-18 Squad
Everett Silvertips Press Release
http://www.everettsilvertips.com/news/story.cfm?ID=525

Everett, WA - Everett Silvertips defenseman Eric Doyle has been invited by Hockey Canada to participate at Team Canada's Under-18 Summer Selection Camp in Calgary, AB from July 28 to August 2. Eric will be vying for one of twenty-two spots on Canada's 2006 National Summer Under-18 Team which will take part in the Under-18 Junior World Cup from August 8-12, in Slovakia and the Czech Republic. The Calgary, Alberta native has one thing on his mind. Make the team and enjoy a summer vacation in Slovakia. Silvertips broadcaster, Keith Gerhart chats with the Silvertips young defenseman in the next edition of the Silvertips Player Profile.

Keith Gerhart: How do you feel heading into Team Canada's Under-18 Summer Evaluation Camp?
Eric Doyle: I feel great. I have worked out five days a week and have been on the ice quite a bit as well. This is a great opportunity for me but overall I think I am ready to get to work.

KG: You had a chance to play at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge for Team Pacific last winter. Is playing at that international event help you for the camp coming up?
ED: Yes, I think that experience will help me. It was great to be part of the Under-17's last season and play against other international competition. It is a more wide open game compared to a tough checking WHL style.

KG: Who are the other players you are looking to play with or against at the Under-18 camp?
ED: I am really looking forward to play with the guys from Team Pacific like Brandon Sutter of the Red Deer Rebels and Colton Gilles of the Saskatoon Blades. It will be neat to play against the players from the Ontario and Quebec hockey leagues. Playing with or against up and coming talented players like John Tavares of the Ottawa 67's (OHL) and Angelo Esposito of the Quebec Remparts (QMJHL) is going to be really exciting.

KG: What are your personal goals for the camp?
ED: I want to make the team. I want to follow in the footsteps of what Zach Hamill, Brady Calla and Leland Irving did last summer for the Under-18 team. I am excited to show Hockey Canada what I have to offer and hopefully it will give me more momentum heading into the 2006-2007 season with the Silvertips.

KG: Are excited are you for the 2006-2007 season with the Silvertips?
ED: I am really excited about the upcoming season in Everett. We have a good crop coming back from last season. I am ready to get things going with the Silvertips next season