PDA

View Full Version : Slade invited to NHL camp

rinkrat
07-17-2006, 08:34 PM
I heard on the radio,that Slade was invited to Canucks camp.Maybe they just need more goalies for camp,I've heard of that before.
Good luck,Slade.

GF71
07-17-2006, 08:47 PM
That was the case last year with New Jersey. No so this year though. He chose Vancouver as he will have the best chance of turning pro with the organization (Manitoba Moose). New Jersey and Washington were automatic trips back to junior. The Canucks are pretty weak at goal once you get past Mikka and Roberto. Schnieder is going to be in school for a few years yet and Flaherty only has a limited life span as he is getting up there in age. Good luck Dustin :)

dondo
07-17-2006, 09:17 PM
I like the idea of Slade on the Moose - hopefully he has a good camp - there's alos always the possibility of Slade being back-up on the 'nucks if Noronen keeps whining about being a back-up ;)

Beaner
07-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Good Luck Dustin, we are all pulling for ya.

Carebear
07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
GOOD LUCK DUSTIN!!

That would be so amazingly cool!
I'd probably do a little dance, or a big one, if he got in with the Moose!!

Also, anyone have a clear source for this?

Dwight Schrute
07-18-2006, 03:38 PM
That was the case last year with New Jersey. No so this year though. He chose Vancouver as he will have the best chance of turning pro with the organization (Manitoba Moose). New Jersey and Washington were automatic trips back to junior. The Canucks are pretty weak at goal once you get past Mikka and Roberto. Schnieder is going to be in school for a few years yet and Flaherty only has a limited life span as he is getting up there in age. Good luck Dustin :)
the canucks are actually strong in net (their only solid position) they also have julien ellis (who was an invite to the WJR's this year, and also alexandre vincent, on top of cory schneider(blue chip prospect) slade would be very interesting, and i hope he does well and adds even more strength to the goal position for the canucks (my fave NHL team). perhaps another year in the dub and a trip to the memorial cup wouldnt hurt him though ??? perhaps similiar to festerling and the ducks, sign as a free agent then send back to junior ?

langdak
07-18-2006, 05:32 PM
the canucks are actually strong in net (their only solid position) they also have julien ellis (who was an invite to the WJR's this year, and also alexandre vincent, on top of cory schneider(blue chip prospect) slade would be very interesting, and i hope he does well and adds even more strength to the goal position for the canucks (my fave NHL team). perhaps another year in the dub and a trip to the memorial cup wouldnt hurt him though ??? perhaps similiar to festerling and the ducks, sign as a free agent then send back to junior ?

They may be solid on paper, but unproven in the show as they havent had their chance yet.

As we all know there have been many goalies with stellar stats to a certain point, then s**t the bed when it comes to playing with the big boys.

Time will tell though

Crosby rules
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
If dustin gets on with the moose, he can stay with me. oh yeah, free ticks.