PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Ink 1st Rounder Bubnick

MJCO5
07-18-2006, 04:29 PM
KAMLOOPS, BC - The Kamloops Blazers Hockey Club is pleased to announce today the signing of the team’s first-round selection in the 2006 Bantam Draft, Jimmy Bubnick, to a WHL Player Contract and Education Agreement.

“We’re really happy to have Jimmy join our hockey club,” says General Manager and Head Coach Dean Clark. “Jimmy’s a great kid with a solid family background in the Western league and we’re excited to have him be part of our team for a long time.”

Bubnick, from Saskatoon, was selected 5th overall in this spring’s draft. He played for the Saskatoon Bantam AA Outlaws in 2005-06, scoring 72 goals and 118 points, plus 107 penalty minutes, in 53 games. Jimmy is the younger brother of former Calgary Hitman and Saskatoon Blade Michael Bubnick, and former Blazer, Regina Pat, and Portland Winter Hawk Jonathan Bubnick.

“My thoughts all along were to play in the Western Hockey League and being able to play in Kamloops is a great feeling,” says Jimmy. “My brothers have been helping me out. Michael played for Dean Clark in Calgary and Jonathan played for a while in Kamloops so being kind of familiar with expectations and things is great, too.”

Bubnick is described as someone who “plays a good, solid two-way game, competes very hard, and has exceptional skill” by Blazers Player Personnel Director Randy Hansch

scamperdog
07-18-2006, 08:37 PM
He is suppose to be at training camp this year, but won't be on the team until the following season.