PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is going on on the island?

rinkrat
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
The NY Islanders are officially a complete joke! I used to love this team,now I'm embarrassed.The whole league is pathetic ,really.
Garth freakin Snow? Oh man... :spineyes:

Triton
07-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Smith was on the job for 5 weeks.I think the owner Wang is out to lunch on hockey business.

SectionNDeserter
07-18-2006, 06:30 PM
I can understand Smith getting the axe for not agreeing with the ownership's or senior management's philosophies or business model--The ownership and senior management are complete tools. The real confusing thing here is that with the huge number of potential candidates that they could hire, with a vast amount of experience on the job, they would hire a former player, who was the backup goalie on their team for the last 3 or 4 years. Smith signed a few insignificant, but decent players for cheap before he got fired, which is all they can afford since they are currently top-heavy with expensive, crappy players, so I think they will probably improve this season, but who knows what the future holds for them now.

rinkrat
07-18-2006, 07:31 PM
The real confusing thing here is that with the huge number of potential candidates that they could hire, with a vast amount of experience on the job, they would hire a former player, who was the backup goalie on their team for the last 3 or 4 years. .

No one wants to work for this gong show.Tambellini turned down the job.Who does milbury have pictures of?
Why would you hire a coach before a GM?
If I were an NHL GM right now,I would target Garth Snow for a trade.He is gonna be worse than Milbury.Poor Isles fans :(
Turn in your season tickets,this clown Wang is just using this team for write offs.Hello MARGE SCHOTT!
end of rant.sheesh :dead:

SectionNDeserter
07-18-2006, 08:13 PM
If I were an NHL GM right now,I would target Garth Snow for a trade.They are already pretty picked over from the Milbury era, not much selection left :)

SectionNDeserter
07-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Canadian Press

7/18/2006 9:13:31 PM

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (CP) - The fallout continues on Long Island.

New York Islanders senior adviser Pat LaFontaine advised Islanders owner Charles Wang on Tuesday night that he is resigning, a source told The Canadian Press.

LaFontaine was hired on June 8, the same day the Islanders hired Ted Nolan as their new coach and Neil Smith as general manager.

The Hall of Famer played for Nolan in Buffalo and Smith with the Rangers.
Related Info

* Islanders fire GM Smith, hire Snow

In the wake of Smith's stunning firing on Tuesday, LaFontaine handed his resignation to Wang following the news conference. Looks like others are getting off this sinking ship....

rinkrat
07-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh man!,Next will be Trottier.I'm so disgusted.I used to love this team,disgusting. :(

rinkrat
07-18-2006, 08:36 PM
They ALL said Ted Nolan is a GM killer,right?

SectionNDeserter
07-18-2006, 08:42 PM
I seriously doubt any coach could get rid of a GM if the ownership/upper management didn't already have them on the way out, especially in 2 weeks or whatever Nolan has been the coach for. They have been running the franchise into the ground with stupid decisions over the last decade or more, sounds like they are trying to finish it off. What can they do to top this? Unretire Bossy and Potvin's numbers, and put out a hit on Clark Gillies?

rinkrat
07-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I actually feel dirty,because I was the biggest Islander fan,as a kid.Look at them now,its more disgusting than Orca bay!

saskdevil
07-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Snow's next business is to hire his GIANT pads as the next head coach after Nolan resigns tomorrow....................

SectionNDeserter
07-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Snow's next business is to hire his GIANT pads as the next head coach after Nolan resigns tomorrow....................Nah, I hear Islander legends Steve Webb, with his assistants Chris and Peter Ferraro are in line for the coaching job.

rinkrat
07-18-2006, 10:45 PM
It really makes me sick! Can I cheer for Columbus now?
My poor Islanders... :clown:

saskdevil
07-19-2006, 07:26 PM
It really makes me sick! Can I cheer for Columbus now?
My poor Islanders... :clown:

NO! The only team from Ohio you can cheer for is the Buckeyes! (jk) :D