PDA

View Full Version : Terry Perkins to Join Under-18 Staff

nivek_wahs
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
from reginapats.com

Terry Perkins to Join Under-18 Staff
July 18th, 2006

Regina Saskatchewan: The Regina Pats are pleased to announce that Assistant Coach Terry Perkins will be joining the staff of Cory Clouston of the CanadianUnder-18 team as the team’s video coach.

“It is an honor to be a part of this program, and to be given the opportunity to move up to the next level. I will be able to observe and learn from top level coaches around the league and gain valuable experience that will help me to continue develop as a coach. I am very lucky and fortunate to be given this opportunity to be apart of something so special,” commented Pats’ Assistant Coach Terry Perkins.

Perkins, a native of Campbell River, BC is entering his second season with the Pats. Terry spent the previous four campaigns as the head coach of the BCHL’s Powell River Kings, adding the role of Head Coach/GM in 2003-04. He also led the Kings to four straight playoff appearances and was named a Coastal Conference coach-of-the-year on two occasions.

“This is a great opportunity to have another member of our staff to get valuable international experience. The knowledge Terry will gain will be an asset to us, our team, and him personally going forward,” commented Pats’ GM Brent Parker.

Perkins’ resume also includes two medals at the World Under -17 Challenge. A bronze as assistant in 2000 and silver the following year as head coach.

Two Pats players forward Brett Leffler and Defenceman Nick Ross will be representing the Pats at this years summer evaluation camp. The camp runs from July 28th through August 2nd in Calgary, AB. There will be 40 other players participating across the CHL.

For more information contact: Josh Bes – 522-5604 / 537-0228