PDA

View Full Version : Warriors need the multiplex

Warrior Fan
07-20-2006, 04:06 PM
This is getting out of hand. Anyone that reads this maybe you can help. Simply write a letter. Send money to the Moose Jaw Times Herald making it clear that it be a donation to the multiplex. Anything you can do is going to be greatly appreciated by myself and our community. I guess the city wants to fight about this and now it is time to raise a stink.
Here are some places to send emails and requests as well as a mailbox for donations care of Moose Jaw Times Herald. I am sure it will help so please take the time.

Mayor
City Hall
228 Main St N. - 2nd Floor
Moose Jaw, SK
S6H 3J8
Back to the Top (306)694-4422 (306)692-4518

www.mjtimes.sk.ca this is the website to visit to find out where to send something or to find out more info about donations. I don't have the info. They have an office but no money to send out pamphlets. The city hasn't given them an opperating budget. How many other cities have a large group just working on there own to help build such a project. I mean the city hasn't done a single thing to do any fundraising at all. They are leaving building this project to group of unelected officials and not giving them any support at all. City council is a joke.

Here is an article of interest from the Whl.
Hockey club faces deadline
Thu, Jul 20, 2006 02:33 PM CST E-mail this to a friend

Moose Jaw Warriors fans can mark February 6, 2007 on their calendar as an important date. That's when they will likely find out whether their favourite time stays or goes.

The February date is when the WHL Board of Governors meets and a new arena in Moose Jaw tops the agenda. The city needs to present a concrete plan for either a new facility or extensive renovations of its current home. The civic arena where the club plays now is considered below league standards.

Failure to come up with either will leave the club in a precarious position.

The question of a new multiplex has gripped the community and even prompted some residents to demand the city put the matter to a vote this fall.

This should tell the people in this community that this is a real issue that isn't going to go away. We either make the commitment to this community to continue thriving or we wilt and die. Our population will continue to decline as time goes by. We need to attract young families here and keep the ones that already live here. These are the type of projects that do just that.