Does anyone know when it starts?

WHL boys on it: Bridges (Seattle)
and I heard Bartley (Van)??

Triton
07-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Do you have a complete roster?

HAF
07-22-2006, 12:11 PM
If someone is willing to tape it for me this year I will trade for a hat and a hoodie. Pm me if interested.

Triton
07-22-2006, 01:20 PM
If someone is willing to tape it for me this year I will trade for a hat and a hoodie. Pm me if interested.

You can get it on DVD afterwards.If you want after it's done I could buy it and ship it out to you?

But if you wanted it taped I would only be able to do it on VHS.

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-22-2006, 04:03 PM
You can get it on DVD afterwards.If you want after it's done I could buy it and ship it out to you?

If you look on the website(www.makingthecut.ca) it says that the 2nd season was supposed to start in the spring of 2006(and that obviously did not happen,so either CBC is delaying it or they just could not get itself together to make another season,and so if there is no 2nd season there will be no DVD :( (That would be sad because I enjoyed watching the 1st season and would have liked to see another season espeically if some WHL players would have been on the show.

Carebear
07-22-2006, 04:31 PM
If you look on the website(www.makingthecut.ca) it says that the 2nd season was supposed to start in the spring of 2006(and that obviously did not happen,so either CBC is delaying it or they just could not get itself together to make another season,and so if there is no 2nd season there will be no DVD :( (That would be sad because I enjoyed watching the 1st season and would have liked to see another season espeically if some WHL players would have been on the show.

There IS going to be a 2nd season because I know for sure that Bartley and Bridges are gonna be on it, I believe I heard its being done in Vernon, BC.

I don't know anyone else who's gonna be in it though, and i heard them talking about it on the radio about a week ago, i just missed the start date.

HAF
07-22-2006, 04:48 PM

Thanks to all that replied to my request. GoBladesGo BLEED BLUE and I have worked out arrangements.

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-23-2006, 11:14 AM
well I do not know exactly when it starts but someone from another hockey message board that I frequent said that they will be filming it in Vernon BC(so yes carebear was right) I knew there was gonna be a 2nd season it was just a matter of when it was going to start(that could be very soon,according to that person who said it might start this week) So all we can really do is wait and listen as to when they will start season 2 of making the cut.

Kristi
07-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Jeff Harvey (Everett) and Tyrell Moulton (Kamloops-PG) are also supposed to be on it.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-11-2006, 02:25 PM
now the website www.makingthecut.ca has some more info about it,but I think it has started already(I am not certain about this though) I even tried searching for it on my Bell Express Vu Sattilite,and nothing came up. Please can someone tell me what day(s) of the week it is on?(assuming that the show has started) I am guessing that it will be on CBC again? If anyone knows I would like to know because I would like to watch this.(I watched season 1)

Carebear
09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Tried to do some hunting around on the net.

From what I've figured out, it will be on Global TV this year, and the first episode will air September 23.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Tried to do some hunting around on the net.

From what I've figured out, it will be on Global TV this year, and the first episode will air September 23.

Yes you are right, this article talks more about it, click the link to see it: http://www.nhl.com/blogcentral/css_aug.html

fightstrap50
09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Adam Taylor from the ICE is on it to and I heard he did pretty good.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-11-2006, 11:19 PM
no way, your saying that hes actually on making the cut?????

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-15-2006, 04:47 PM
He is on Making the cut!!!!!

Does anyone know or have a list of the Dub guys that are participating?

I can not seem to find one? :confused: (if there is even one?)

there is also a trailer of the show, a photo gallery. I can not wait for this to start,So everyone who wants to watch the show mark Saturday Sept.23rd on your Calenders!!!!

Triton
09-15-2006, 05:10 PM
I see Ben Kilgour,Casey Lee,jarret Lukin,and Hee Haw.Can't find a list.

Carebear
09-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Sept 23rd at 8:00pm on Global!!

HAF
09-15-2006, 05:39 PM
GBG Bleed Blue, Are you still going to tape them for me in trade for the hoodie and hat? Let me know.

fightstrap50
09-15-2006, 06:55 PM
hey right on I never heard that Casey Lee was going to be in it. That makes a few Ex-ICE players that are trying to make the cut, pardon the pun. lol.

Kristi
09-15-2006, 08:39 PM
I see Mitch Bartley as well

rinkrat
09-15-2006, 10:50 PM
I guess we know the outcome for "certain" players... haha
:p

nivek_wahs
09-22-2006, 05:06 AM
Making Cut V2 Last Man Standing... Starts Saturday Sept. 23... I wish they had a list of names but I guess we have to watch to find out.

http://www.makingthecut.ca/

Dwight Schrute
09-23-2006, 07:03 PM
i am looking through sasktel max and i cant find making the cut on tv. can anyone help me out or give me some info ?

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-23-2006, 08:30 PM
i am looking through sasktel max and i cant find making the cut on tv. can anyone help me out or give me some info ?
well I do not know if I can really help you,because I have Bell Express Vu,the show is on Global this year and not CBC. I am sure that Sasktel Max has Global. That is all I can think of to tell you.

To everyone who is watching this show: I am taping it for HAF and I am sure that he doesn't want anyone to spoil it for him,so please do not spoil it unless he says it is ok.

Dwight Schrute
09-23-2006, 09:25 PM
well I do not know if I can really help you,because I have Bell Express Vu,the show is on Global this year and not CBC. I am sure that Sasktel Max has Global. That is all I can think of to tell you.

To everyone who is watching this show: I am taping it for HAF and I am sure that he doesn't want anyone to spoil it for him,so please do not spoil it unless he says it is ok.
its not on global tonight for me on sasktel max
after much internet research i found it will be next saturday though

Kristi
09-24-2006, 01:35 AM
It would be nice if someone could post recaps of each show and who is particpating for us here in the states!

chiefgongshow
09-24-2006, 05:39 AM
It would be nice if someone could post recaps of each show and who is particpating for us here in the states!
I could try packaging each weeks episode in a file to download off a site like megaload for anyone to download. Ive never done it before but if theres any interest Ill get my buddy who packages MMA shows for download to show me the ropes and for sure do it. Catch is the episodes wouldnt be up till the day or night after the show aired, and the files are pretty big episode 1 being 462 mb so a high speed connection would be needed.

GF71
09-24-2006, 09:01 AM
I don't know if this has made it to TV or not yet, but Mitch Bartley left the show before the first cuts were even made. He tweaked his MCL and decided to go home and ensure that his knee would be ok for his up coming season at UBC rather than risk further damage on the show.

In the crowd
09-24-2006, 12:02 PM
I caught about the last half hour of the show and Bartley, I believe had an assist on one of his teams goals, looked pretty good to me. They didn't mention anything about him leaving though.

Carebear
09-24-2006, 12:15 PM
I TAPED THE WRONG CHANNEL LAST NIGHT! So disappointed! GRR

OH...the first episode repeats on Sept 28th and 20th.

http://www.makingthecut.ca/schedule.html

Kristi
09-24-2006, 01:25 PM
They have updated the website with team rosters, pictures and recaps! Very cool!!

http://makingthecut.ca/

dondo
09-24-2006, 02:36 PM
can someone explain to me why they have it on at the same time that Hockey Night in Canada is on?? I mean that's your fan base and you're alienating them by putting this on on Saturday during the NHL games (8 pm pacific on a Saturday night -- what - are they new or something) -- looks like I'll be taping it to watch it later -- sheer idiocy in my mind.

Big Daddy
09-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Just got done watching and Bartley did not make the cut. He had a little blurb after he was cut and said his injury was a factor.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-30-2006, 07:55 PM
I am dissapointed that some Dub players were cut,but I think some former Dub players will stay longer,dont worry HAF I have taped all of the episodes so far,and will continue to do so until the show is complete,when ever that is.

Carebear
10-01-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm rootin for Jarret Lukin!!!!

GO GO GO ! :clap:

westbeach55
10-01-2006, 01:50 AM
It would be nice to see a dub player make it. I was hoping mitch bartley would have still been in for a bit, I also thought eeeee haw(evan Haw) would have made it abit farther (when haw played for the blades he would come up to prince albert and a fan in our section all game would chant eeee haw it was pretty funny. good old blades raiders rivalary. I though casey lee just didn't have the drive to make it but he has a ton of skill, hope lukin makes it too

Carebear
10-01-2006, 05:10 PM
can someone explain to me why they have it on at the same time that Hockey Night in Canada is on?? I mean that's your fan base and you're alienating them by putting this on on Saturday during the NHL games (8 pm pacific on a Saturday night -- what - are they new or something) -- looks like I'll be taping it to watch it later -- sheer idiocy in my mind.

It is a really ****ty time slot they have, but it's probably not a "prime" show so they couldn't get much of a better time slot.
FYI they do re-air each epsiode the following Saturday from 10-11:30am. (includes both the 1 hr Saturday show and the 30 min Sunday show).

KBF
10-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Can't believe Keenan's assesment of Luuuuuukin. Questioning his work ethic? He did nothing but bust his ass every shift in his 4 in a half years in Kamloops.

Casey I'm suprised too, was a hard worker himself. Kind of a crybaby after wanting to leave Kamloops because he wasn't "treated" properly by his teamates. Nice kid tho.

Carebear
10-01-2006, 06:03 PM
What the!??!?!

Has anyone else noticed that this show isn't on like half the times it's supposed to be on!?

Maybe I'm totally blind and retarded but I didn't see it on today at 4:30?!
So..hopefully it'll be on on one of the many other times they list it!

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-06-2007, 10:49 PM
First they delay the show,for whatever reason(for popular demand) until Jan 27th, Ok I thought that they would just play the next episode of the series? No I was wrong and even more ticked off,now I guess they are playing all of the episodes over again(FROM THE START) !!!!!!!! :burningma :mad: :evil:

Now I have to wait even longer and HAF does too,whatever I am so dissapointed. :(

Ti-girl
02-07-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm rootin for Jarret Lukin!!!!

GO GO GO ! :clap:

Meeee too.

westbeach55
02-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Jarret Lukin's hockey future is uncertain after the former University of Calgary player was handed a pair of suspensions in the wake of a positive drug test for cocaine.

Lukin, 23, who plays for the ECHL's Florida Everblades, was given a two-year suspension by Canadian Interuniversity Sport on Friday. Later in the day, the ECHL announced Lukin would be suspended indefinitely pending an investigation.

''It was a mistake off the ice,'' Lukin told The Canadian Press when reached on his cellphone in Florida. ''It's been dealt with and I'm dealing with it now from the media perspective. I'm just looking to move on and put it behind me.''

The Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) conducted the unannounced test on Nov. 3. The sample contained cocaine metabolite, a prohibited substance that carries a two-year period of ineligibility, the CIS said in a release.

''Obviously I'm responsible for my actions,'' Lukin said. ''I don't really want to comment on specifics but it was a mistake. That's not the guy I am, I've already learned from it. It's just tough.

''But I've been dealing with it, I've got a good support group and I just hope to be a better person from it.''

The Dinos provisionally suspended Lukin on Nov. 28, within 24 hours of being advised of the findings. The team said that while no academic penalties were contemplated, Lukin withdrew from the university last month to pursue his hockey career.

He signed with the Everblades on Jan. 29, two days before his appeal began. The CCES and CIS announced Friday that the appeal was unsuccessful and that the suspension would be imposed.

Lukin said he requested a reduction in the sanction because it was not a performance-enhancing substance.

''I tried to fight it in that sense - I wasn't cheating,'' Lukin said. ''And they obviously gave me the two years.''

''I knew it was on the list (of prohibited substances),'' he added. ''I just got caught at the wrong place at the wrong time and I made a bad decision.''

When first contacted by CP, Everblades GM Craig Brush said the team didn't know about the positive test.

''It is news to me,'' Brush said. ''It's obviously something that we have to investigate.''

ECHL commissioner Brian McKenna later confirmed the league would do just that.

''What we've done under our league regulations is suspend the player pending an investigation and we will move forward as quickly as possible,'' McKenna said.

Lukin declined comment when asked why Brush did not learn of the positive test until Friday. Lukin would only say the team has been supportive.

McKenna said he could not recall a similar situation in his tenure as commissioner.

''This is new ground,'' he said.

Lukin, a native of Fort McMurray, Alta., has also appeared on the Canadian television show ''Making the Cut,'' where 36 players compete to be crowned the ''Last Man Standing.'' The winner of the show - which was taped last summer - was to receive an endorsement contract worth $250,000 and agent representation.

A production company spokesman declined comment on Lukin's status on the show since episodes are still being aired.

Prior to joining the Dinos, Lukin played five seasons in the Western Hockey League. The five-foot-11, 185-pound centre played four full seasons with Kamloops and split the 2004-'05 season between the Blazers and Medicine Hat Tigers.

In 312 WHL games, he recorded 86 goals and 126 assists for 212 points.

''You never like to see a player go through this type of circumstance, that is obviously a mistake (on Lukin's part),'' WHL commissioner Ron Robison told the Medicine Hat News. Robison has committed his league, as part of the Canadian Hockey League, to install a similar drug testing policy this season under CCES direction.

The University of Calgary was not sanctioned. The Dinos dropped Lukin from the roster after he left the school.

''He is a young man who has worked hard as a student and athlete, but made a serious mistake,'' said University of Calgary athletics director Don Wilson.

The CIS said that while it was acknowledged and accepted at the doping tribunal hearing that Lukin did not use cocaine to enhance his sport performance, the arbitrator was compelled by the Canadian Anti-Doping Program rules to uphold the suspension as proposed by the CCES.

CIS, the governing body of university sport in Canada, co-ordinates a doping control program in conjunction with the CCES, which does not have a reciprocal agreement with the ECHL.

The university said it provided counselling and support for Lukin while he filed his appeal and completed his courses and exams last semester.

''This is a very unfortunate situation for this or any athlete, and we provided all the support we could for Mr. Lukin, but the rules are clear,'' Wilson said. ''There can be no tolerance for banned substances in sport at this or any other level.''

CIS began its doping control program in 1990. Since that time, it said there have been 44 doping infractions from the 4,900 tests that have been conducted on student-athletes.

''Using any substance on the banned list, whether it is performance enhancing or not, is a big gamble,'' said CIS chief executive officer Marg McGregor. ''Out of respect for the game and consideration of fair play, athletes should avoid all banned substances to avoid getting sidelined.''

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I am frustrated because they wanted to replay all of the episodes from the start of the series starting on January 27th and now I have no clue when it will get back up to speed so I can continue taping this show. I was hoping that this show would have been over by the time March rolled around (so I could have had my WHLfans gear,when I go on the Alberta road trip) obviously that is not going to happen,oh well now I will have to wait even longer. :dead:

Quakes16
03-07-2007, 05:27 PM
I want to watch!!! But I don't know what channel it's on...

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I want to watch!!! But I don't know what channel it's on...
I think you are out of luck,unless someone tapes it and sends it too you,I am already doing that for HAF.

There might be another way that you could get ahold of the DVD,I can never seem to find them.

Quakes16
03-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Sucky.
I looked on Amazon and they have the best of season 1 or whatever and its not too expensive, so I could get that. But I also want to see the new stuff. =(
Oh well.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-29-2007, 12:22 PM
After the final ice session at the rink,there were 6 or 5,now there are three and they have evened it out so there is 1 forward,1 defencemen,and 1 goalie.

The WHL is represented in the finals and I hope he(Adam Taylor) wins it all. :thumb: