PDA

View Full Version : 2006-2007 roster thoughts

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-24-2006, 05:22 PM
I saw this on the Pats board and thought that the same thing can be done.
So here I go.

There is still a very good group of players that will be returning,but there are still plenty of 20yr olds.

possible 20 yr olds
David Schulz(D)
Joe Logan(D)
Wacey Rabbit(F)(50-50 chance)
Joe Barnes(F)(50-50 chance)
Brad Cole(D)
Ryan Menei(F)

19yr olds
Devin Setoguchi(F)(50-50 Chance)

18 yr olds
Justin McCrae(F)
Brett Ward(D)
Brennan Zasitko(F)
Todd Panchyson(D)
Blair MacAuley(F)
Michael MacAngus(F)
Chris Cloud(F)
Rastislav Konecny(F)
Bohdan Visnak(D)

17 yr olds
Colton Gillies(F)
Adam Geric(F)
Ryan Funk(D)
Dustin Cameron(F)
Braden Holtby(G)
Cameron Lamoureux(RW)
Colton MacPherson(D)
Troy Crowley(LW)
Phil Letkeman(C)
Walker Wintoneak(LW)

16yr olds(who should get a good chance to crack the line-up) but we might not see too many,but who knows?
Teigan Zahn(D)
Travis Toomey(F)
Gaelan Patterson(F)
Jared Friesen(D)
Kevin Philp(F)
Cameron Canart(D)
Jordon Hebert(F)
Brad Stebner(D)
Mike Clements(D)
Doug McLeod(F)
Derek Wiebe(F)
Mitch Dougall(RW)
Matthew Chenard(D)
Sam Klassen(D)
Caleb Suderman(D)
Carey Dyck(G)

and the player that we selected in the US draft
Kyle Garcia(F) I do not think that he will come over but he is still young,If he is good I hope he descides to play in the WHL for the Blades.

Trav
07-24-2006, 07:47 PM
First on Kyle Garcia, I'm thinking he'll be coming to the Blades this year to show the Blades staff and the fans that'll attend camp what he can do and I kinda think he'll be going the WHL route should he be good enough, u would think the whl teams that took part in the draft, talked to these players ahead of time.

As for next year's team though, should be interesting.

Goaltenders

Holtby (17)
Dyck (16)

It doesnt look like the Blades are actively looking for a veteran goaltender so I can see Hotlby and Dyck being the two guys and why not, both are two young solid goaltenders and if Armstrong can be a starter at 17 then Holtby should be able to as well.

Forwards - here's where it could be interesting.

Wacey Rabbit - 20 - Should be back, the Blades need him back.
Joe Barnes - 20
Devin Setoguchi - 19 (Barnes could be moved if Seto returns).
Justin McCrae - 18
Brennan Zasitko - 18
Blair MacAuley - 18
Michael MacAngus - 18
Chris Cloud - 18
Rastislav Konecny - 18
Colton Gillies - 17
Dustin Cameron - 17
Walker Wintoneak - 17 - Should have a shot
Troy Crowley - 17 - Should have a shot as well
Travis Toomey - 16
Gaelan Patterson - 16

Defensmen

David Schulz - 20
Joe Logan or Cole - 20 One of them will stay should Barnes be traded.

Brett Ward - 18
Todd Panchyson - 18
Bohdan Visnak - 18
Ryan Funk - 17
Caleb Suderman - 17 Hear he's pretty decent
Teigan Zahn - 16
Mike Clements - 16 Did great at camp last year, should stick

wango tango
07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
twenties. cole, schulz, and rabbit.

forwards.

1st line. konecny-rabbit-setoguchi
2nd line. gillies-mccrae-macaulay
3rd line. zasitko-cloud-macangus
4th line. geric-toomey-crowley

fighting for the last spot or two. cameron, lamoureux, wintoneak, patterson, and hebert.

defense.

schulz-panchyson
cole-visnak
ward-funk
zahn

battle for the seven spot will be between: zahn, macpherson, and probably friesen.

goal.

holtby
dyck

braden and carey are young, they are also talented keepers. i'm sure there is a backup plan to bring in a veteran goaltender to mentor holtby. how well braden plays will determine how fast the plan is put into motion. maybe something is already being done for training camp.

Trav
07-25-2006, 07:48 PM
I think Geric will be hard pressed to make the team. I have nothing against him but he never stood out big in training camp or during the season. I know he's only 16 and is still young but I think Dustin Cameron should be ahead of him on the roster. I think Cameron will be a good local player for the Blades. If Geric comes in and does well then great, the top guys should obiviously be on the team.

wango tango
07-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I think Geric will be hard pressed to make the team. I have nothing against him but he never stood out big in training camp or during the season. I know he's only 16 and is still young but I think Dustin Cameron should be ahead of him on the roster. I think Cameron will be a good local player for the Blades. If Geric comes in and does well then great, the top guys should obiviously be on the team.

geric was injured for most of the season so it's easy to forget his contribution. he came out of nowhere during camp as a list player, not a draft pick, and made the team as a 16 year old. injuries cut short his regular season contribution. during the playoffs he only saw a couple of games but still managed to score. i would think he will come in very motivated to show improvement over last year.

Trav
07-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Kyle Klym to, sure he's an 88 born player but hey if he's similar to Cloud and Zasitko, those three would make a good energy / checking line.

wango tango
07-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Kyle Klym to, sure he's an 88 born player but hey if he's similar to Cloud and Zasitko, those three would make a good energy / checking line.

a good year or a great year could come down to players like gillies, mccrae, and macaulay raising their games and playing at a higher level and putting points up on the board while not forgetting about their responsibilities in their own zone. all three have something to prove and should be plenty motivated to do well.

the top line will get their points, no doubt. then it's a matter of getting some extra effort and a few points out of the third line. hopefully the youngsters and rookies will be able to contribute some valuable minutes and learn the game while making few mistakes.

the blades have more than enough guys to round out the 3rd and 4th lines. hopefully there will be enough offense on the top two. i'm not worried about the defense they'll be a solid group. goaltendings talented but inexperienced. looking forward to camp and some questions being answered.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
07-27-2006, 11:27 PM
i dont think wacey will come back but i hope he does (by the way im not baned anymore) yayyy lol setoguchi same thing he will probely go to the ahl

SectionNDeserter
07-28-2006, 06:16 AM
setoguchi same thing he will probely go to the ahlSetoguchi is 19 as far as I know, and is not eligible to play in the AHL.

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-20-2006, 08:51 PM
There has been the addition of:
(F)Garret Klotz
(G) Andrew Leslie

(who both used to play on the Red Deer Rebels together) not that it matters too much,now it does add a small twist to the 20yr old situation, if Leslie does not make the team,it will not be much of a loss in terms of what the Blades gave up him.(a conditional draft pick in 2008)

Now in the Klotz trade the key was Red Deer's 2nd round import selection(which was used to select Bohdan Visnak)

I think that one of these guys will make the team,but if both of them did that would mean that Klotz might be taking away a spot from a rookie,but there is a possibility of another trade. :spineyes:

Trav
08-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Kyle Klym who was the last pick in the 2006 bantam draft although he's an 88 born guy. He's an interesting addition. He might be another Brennan Zasitko though and if he is, well u got a good checking line with Zasitko, Cloud and Klym or Klotz should one or both stick.

My updated roster prediction

Goaltenders

Holtby
??

Dyck or someone else brought in. Doubt Leslie will stick.

Forwards

Rabbit - Might go pro
Barnes - Possibily traded or could go pro
Setoguchi - Could make the NHL
Konecny
Gillies
Maccrae
Macaulay
Zasitko
Cloud
Macangus
Geric
Toomey
Pattersson
Klotz
Klym
Cameron
Wintoneak

There's 17 forwards listed but the top three might not be back so if all three are gone then it'd be 14 forwards.

Defense.

Schulz or Logan
Panchyson
Cole or Logan
Visnak
Ward
Funk
Zahn
Clement - Could have a shot, if he has another impressive camp like he did last year as a fifteen year old.

Blades will be young if Rabbit, Seto and Barnes are gone but if they're back then the Blades should have a good expierenced club.

Either way, looking forward to another good season of hockey.