PDA

View Full Version : 2006-2007 roster ?

grainbear
07-25-2006, 09:07 PM
1. Yellowhorn,Vantuck,Kaye
2. Hogg, King, Reige
3. Boychuk,Fadden,Farmanara
4. Banchs,Dietrich,Pillar
leaves McCallum,Connolly,Murray, Bear, Giofriddo,Iwanski, Orfino and Chormeyko,Lecuyer and Hynes going for the last two spots

Defense
1. Kudelka, Kerr
2. Wright, Bobbee
3. King, Bentz
Leaves Craig,Mccolm, Frederickson,Brown, Montgomery going for 1 or 2 spots

Goal:
solid Leclerc and Mchale

loudi94
07-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Goal:
solid Leclerc and Mchale

I'd rather see a young guy instead of McHale. If Leclerc goes down, McHale will be the death of us so you might as well throw in someone like Gunderson in there as the backup or trade for a better backup.

Tiger9
07-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Boychuk and Fadden won't be 3rd liners this year!

neutral
07-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Defense
1. Kudelka, Kerr
2. Wright, Bobbee
3. King, Bentz

If this hold true, 3 - 19 yr olds combined +/- of -21, 1 - 18 yr old at -2 (likely the best on the team), 1 - 17 yr old at -20, and likely a new 16 and 17 yr old. With an 18 yr old gone through the expansion draft and no need to add a 4'th 19 yr old, this will be a young group.

Caner
07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
If this hold true, 3 - 19 yr olds combined +/- of -21, 1 - 18 yr old at -2 (likely the best on the team), 1 - 17 yr old at -20, and likely a new 16 and 17 yr old. With an 18 yr old gone through the expansion draft and no need to add a 4'th 19 yr old, this will be a young group.

This group was very young last year and they logged lots of minutes. The all important on ice experience and 1 years growth will make a huge difference come this year. Same goes for the young group of forwards.
Look for Craige to be added as a new addition and probably a new 20 d-man.

grainbear
07-26-2006, 05:08 PM
I only used the number to identify possible lineups, they don,t indicate a #1 line or a number 4 line. Just possible combinations.With the first 3 lines probably any one of them could move up or down depending on whom we are playing on a given night.

nivek_wahs
07-27-2006, 04:29 AM
1. Yellowhorn,Vantuck,Kaye
2. Hogg, King, Reige
3. Boychuk,Fadden,Farmanara
4. Banchs,Dietrich,Pillar
leaves McCallum,Connolly,Murray, Bear, Giofriddo,Iwanski, Orfino and Chormeyko,Lecuyer and Hynes going for the last two spots

Defense
1. Kudelka, Kerr
2. Wright, Bobbee
3. King, Bentz

Goal:
solid Leclerc and Mchale
With all these returning forwards (Yellow Horn, Boychuk, Fadden, King, et al) I think the Hurricanes will not have trouble scoring goals. After having the young-ish defence last year they will be much improved (still pretty young)and able to help out their goaltenders. Is LeClerc legit #1, I think so and could easily handle the load in goal. I would have to kinda agree with loudi94 that McHale would not be the answer if something happened to LeClerc (the 'Canes would be in trouble, McHale didn't look very good when he was acquired from the T-Birds). I think if they can keep all the pieces together they could easily compete at the top of the Central Division.

But what do I know... :D

Caner
08-01-2006, 10:11 AM
With all these returning forwards (Yellow Horn, Boychuk, Fadden, King, et al) I think the Hurricanes will not have trouble scoring goals. After having the young-ish defence last year they will be much improved (still pretty young)and able to help out their goaltenders. Is LeClerc legit #1, I think so and could easily handle the load in goal. I would have to kinda agree with loudi94 that McHale would not be the answer if something happened to LeClerc (the 'Canes would be in trouble, McHale didn't look very good when he was acquired from the T-Birds). I think if they can keep all the pieces together they could easily compete at the top of the Central Division.

But what do I know... :D

McHale has signed with Salmon Arm of the BCHL.

grainbear
08-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the update , it does state on the Salmon Arm web site that he has been signed. So as backup will we see Gunderson or Bartel from Moose Jaw SAAhl team whom we had in last year for a look see or do we look for a older goaltender who might be available ? My thoughts are that is not the way to go . Looks like Gunderson or maybe Bartel, and it would Gunderson job to loose .

Caner
08-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the update , it does state on the Salmon Arm web site that he has been signed. So as backup will we see Gunderson or Bartel from Moose Jaw SAAhl team whom we had in last year for a look see or do we look for a older goaltender who might be available ? My thoughts are that is not the way to go . Looks like Gunderson or maybe Bartel, and it would Gunderson job to loose .

I would be very surprised if they went with a 17 and 16 year old for tenders. My guess is an older tender like Bartel or another through player movement.

loudi94
08-02-2006, 12:47 AM
I would be very surprised if they went with a 17 and 16 year old for tenders. My guess is an older tender like Bartel or another through player movement.

If Gundy has a good camp, hopefully they'll hold off on getting that experienced backup.

LHF
08-05-2006, 12:33 PM
I heard that Bartel is going to go the college route. Can't see him coming back here.