PDA

View Full Version : Felde Commits to the Americans

HAF
07-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Felde Commits to the Americans
July 28, 2006KENNEWICK, WA – The Tri-City Americans today are pleased to announce that 19-year-old Erik Felde has committed to the club for the upcoming 2006-07 season by signing a WHL Standard Player Agreement.

The 5’10”, 180 pound left wing is a native of Anchorage, Alaska. Last year Felde played for the BCHL’s Vernon Vipers and in 61 games, the BCHL first team all-star tallied 32 goals, 81 points and 44 penalty minutes. In 10 playoff games for Vernon, Felde had 11 goals, 15 points and eight penalty minutes in just 10 games.

A product of U.S.A. Hockey’s under-18 program, Felde joined Cedar Rapids of the USHL in 2004-05. In 60 games he had 16 goals, 31 points and 80 penalty minutes.

“Erik has tremendous speed and a natural scoring touch,” said Americans governor/general manager Bob Tory. “He has a strong work ethic, coupled with a tremendous shot. He will be a welcome addition to our team and more importantly will add a scoring boost to our power play.”

Erik will be at the Americans training camp in August and then will be attending the NHL training camp of the San Jose Sharks.

HAF
07-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Its a step in the right direction as far as gaining some scoring ability. I'm just glad to see Tory trying to dig us out of the celler now rather than 20 games into the season.

Coyote14
07-29-2006, 01:40 PM
This kid has incredible talent. I watched him play several times in Chilliwack before he was traded to Vernon. He can go end to end whenever he wants to and will be exciting to watch if he plays for the Ams next season.

HAF
07-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks Coyote. I was wondering if anyone knew much about him or had seen him play. God knows we need the scoring touch so I'd say Tory made a good pick up.

Coyote14
07-30-2006, 07:17 PM
No problem. He played here for 20 games or so but requested to be traded because his friend played in Vernon or something like that. His attitude may be something to watch out for. Guess they'll just have to see how things work out in Tri-Cities.