PDA

View Full Version : Schedule

Spungy
07-28-2006, 06:08 PM
So the new schedule for the Ice is out there... not on our site yet of course, but if you look hard enough you can see it.... Sure is different. I think we see Kelowna once at home

Have any of you found it? and if so wanna share?

Chipper
07-30-2006, 09:54 AM
I tried to find it but like you I can't seem to. Are you sure its out? anyway you can see a lot more of Calgary Lethbridge RedDeer and Med hat, but at least our points will be in the same div this year.

Bomber
07-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Here is the tentative schedule from another poster on another board. Cannot confirm it's complete accuracy but a quick sweep of other East Conference teams' schedules looks like it's close.

Complete tentative schedule July 27 2006, 7:36 AM

Exhibition:
Sept. 8 @ Calgary
Sept 9 vs. Calgary
Sept. 15 @ Lethbridge
Sept. 16 vs. Lethbridge

Regular Season:
September:
Home Opener, Friday Sept. 22 vs. Tri city
23 vs. Spokane
27 vs. Lethbridge
29 @ Lethbridge

October:
6 @ Clagary
7 vs. Kelowna
8 vs. Brandon
11 @ Saskatoon
13 @ Prince Albert
15 vs. Prince George
18 @ Red Deer
20 @ Swift Current
21 @ Brandon
27 vs. Red Deer
28 vs. Regina

November:
1 @ Moose Jaw
3 @ Regina
4 @ Saskatoon
5 @ Prince Albert
7 @ Swift Current
10 vs. Tri city
12 vs. Prince Albert
15 @ Calgary
17 vs. Calgary
18 vs. Swift Current
22 @ Lehtbridge
24 vs. Moose Jaw
26 vs. Regina

December:
1 vs. Saskatoon
3 @ Seattle
5 @ Everett
6 @ Chilliwack
9 @ Medicine Hat
15 vs. Medicine Hat
16 vs. Lethbridge
27 @ Red Deer
28 @ Lethbridge
31 vs. Prince Albert

January:
2 vs Medicine Hat
5 @ Tri City
6 @ Spokane
9 vs. Red Deer
13 vs. Calgary
14 vs. Vancouver
16 @ Calgary
19 vs. Kamloops
20 @ Red Deer
21 @ Medicine Hat
24 vs. Red Deer
27 vs. Spokane
28 vs. Brandon
31 @ Calgary

February:
2 vs. Medicine Hat
3 vs. Calgary
6 vs. Lethbridge
8 @ Lethbridge
10 vs. Chilliwack
11 vs. Moose Jaw
14 @ Portland
16 @ Tri City
17 @ Spokane
21 @ Brandon
23 Rgina
24 @ Moose Jaw
28 vs. Lethbridge

March:
2 @ Red Deer
3 vs. Swift Current
7 vs. Saskatoon
9 vs. Red Deer
10 @ Spokane
16 vs. Calgary
17 @ Medicine Hat

Spungy
07-30-2006, 02:43 PM
there is alot of nasty travel on that schedule :eek:

it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Chipper
07-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Seems to me that there is a lot of jumping around to play the East div and not a smooth run through that division like the past and the way every other teams has done it in the past?

neutral
07-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Seems to me that there is a lot of jumping around to play the East div and not a smooth run through that division like the past and the way every other teams has done it in the past?

Being new to the league my guess is Prince George, Brandon, and Portland have the worst travel schedules. Is that true? Compared to last year, Kootenay has some tough stretches due to the shift to the central. It must have been really hard for the team to keep the travel down, schedule mostly weekend home games, and have the eastern teams all at home at the same time to make a smooth run through that division.

2 long trips with a home game in between
Oct 11 Saskatoon, Oct 13 Prince Albert, Oct 15 Home (1 game), Oct 18 Red Deer, Oct 20 Swift Current, Oct 21 Brandon

5 games in 7 days like last year
Nov 1 Moose Jaw, Nov 3 Regina, Nov 4 Saskatoon, Nov 5 Prince Albert, Nov 7 Swift Current

2 trips with a couple of nights at home
Feb 14 Portland, Feb 16 Tri-City, Feb 17 Spokane, home, Feb 21 Brandon, Feb 23 Regina, Feb 24 Moose Jaw

These trips make the Seattle, Everett, Chilliwack 3 games in 4 days seem easy. But no Prince George this year.

Beaner
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Being new to the league my guess is Prince George, Brandon, and Portland have the worst travel schedules. Is that true? Compared to last year, Kootenay has some tough stretches due to the shift to the central. It must have been really hard for the team to keep the travel down, schedule mostly weekend home games, and have the eastern teams all at home at the same time to make a smooth run through that division.

PG and Brandon I would say have the worst travel schedules, hands down just based on their locations and distance to nearest WHL teams. PG probably the worst hence why most teams play a double header when they go to PG.

Portland isnt too bad, its not that far a trip to their US foes, no wrose than Kootenay to the central.

Ice cant complain about travel now, they have been wanting into the central for years, now they got their wish. Careful what you wish for. ;)

Homer J
08-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Theres a schedual of exibtion and regular season games on the WHL website I think its the final one but I'm not positive I'd have to re check it to make sure but I believe it is. GO ICE GO!! :clap:

eecliff
08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
So the new schedule for the Ice is out there... not on our site yet of course, but if you look hard enough you can see it.... Sure is different. I think we see Kelowna once at home

Have any of you found it? and if so wanna share?

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=4675

Saturday Oct. 7/06 Kelowna @ Kootenay 7:00 (this is the only game I can find on the schedule)

Spungy
08-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Thank eecliff for the link!

It will be nice when they finally get the web page updated with the new schedule eh?

since posting i have looked at the schedule some more it sure is different than the last few years isn't it? we don't get to see many of the US teams either.

eecliff
08-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I have also noticed that there are about 10 Monday night games scheduled.
Maybe I wrong, but I thought Monday was normally a night off in the WHL ?

There are only about 11 Thursday night games scheduled so maybe their splitting Monday’s & Thursday’s and not having any designated day off in the league.

I don’t have last years schedule but I would imagine there would have been more than just 11 games on a Thursday night ??

Just my thoughts …

ee…..

Beaner
08-07-2006, 08:22 PM
If I recall correctly there were no Thursday night games last season.