PDA

View Full Version : Pink NHL jerseys!!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Here is a picture of a pink Flyers jersey

http://www.flyersfancentral.com/2006/04/14/flyers-pink-jerseys/

I guess the NHL is trying to atract more women to watch hockey(or something like that)

Hockey is not only a man's sport,because women play it too,and and are fans of it just like us guys are.

I guess the idea is ok but I think it would be better if the money that was raised from the sales of the jerseys went to help breast cancer research or any other womens chairities.

SectionNDeserter
07-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Phht, Calgary Hitmen already beat them to it! :laugh:

rinkrat
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
I guess the NHL is trying to atract more women to watch hockey(or something like that)

Why are men so silly as to think women are that stupid? :spineyes:
My wife wouldn't come to a game if they were wearing purple with polka dots! LOL ;)

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Why are men so silly as to think women are that stupid? :spineyes:
My wife wouldn't come to a game if they were wearing purple with polka dots! LOL ;)

well that is why I think the NHL would come up with this weird idea,I do not know exactly why they would do something like this? As long as they do not take away the normal home(whites) and road(black) jerseys and replace them with these ones.

If this does anything(I think it will) I think it will maybe make fans dislike hockey(almost like the lock-out did) But maybe not?

that is just my opinon.

nivek_wahs
08-01-2006, 02:27 AM
It seems as though the NFL has the same idea (maybe even before the NHL)...

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2413581

Carebear
08-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Ew...seriously....EW!
Might as well make them say sorry and give each other a hug after every hit too.

Kristi
08-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Ew...seriously....EW!
Might as well make them say sorry and give each other a hug after every hit too.

Oh but wouldn't that be cute if they had to hug each other? HA HA!

Yeah I have a pink Flames hat but that's where I draw the line! Give me a beat up game worn anyday over that!!

Toswammi
08-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Most if not all girls i now that go to hockey games would rather have a regular jersey with a players name on the back then a pink copy. A fan is a fan no matter what gender.

Carebear
08-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Oh but wouldn't that be cute if they had to hug each other? HA HA!

Yeah I have a pink Flames hat but that's where I draw the line! Give me a beat up game worn anyday over that!!

HAHAHA, yeah I have a pink Vancouver Giants hat because the mens ones are too big and the youth ones look like crapola, but there's a big difference between a hat and a jersey!

dondo
08-02-2006, 02:15 PM
It seems as though the NFL has the same idea (maybe even before the NHL)...

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2413581

ooooo a Pink Manning Glitter jersey :laugh: :spineyes:

The_Vulk
08-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Phht, Calgary Hitmen already beat them to it! :laugh:
But did not the Canadian Woman's Hockey Team have pink jerseys way before the Hitmen had their grey/pink one? Before they adopted to go with the same style of jerseys as the men/jrs.

And looking at the flyer's store, it seems this pink-jersey will only be onsale games days at their stores. No other time or online availability. Which is dumb, especially for all of the out-of-town fans and collectors whom would otherwise purchase this... jersey.