PDA

View Full Version : Regina@Brandon Feb.13

Fight Guy
02-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Well...the game is done with one period, and I have a slight feeling the Pats are not happy with it. In the first 13 mins of the game, the Wheat Kings have gone up 6-0. Hunt seems to have benched Pats defence. Im hoping the Pats will come out and keep this score the way it is and not let any more past...but, if not, then this one could get ugly.

Fight Guy
02-13-2005, 07:29 PM
2nd now over and now 7-0. Pats argue the goal saying it was kicked in, but was called a goal, and Reekie showing some signs of Slade, as he through a water bottle at the ref, but was not given any penalty, then Reekie, when the ref was near, started kicking his feet with his hands in the air. The ref then talked to him. Thought I would share that.

Fight Guy
02-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Cant believe Brandon won't give it up. Webb earlier in the 3rd jumps McGillivray, and now later, leaves his feet in an attempt to cross check McGillivray in the face, and succeeds. Just terrible. I guess there was a big puddle of blood. Gutless. Give it up Brandon...the hit on Derlago was clean. Now, Webb when he is back from his suspension(which should be a given), he may have to worry about himself now. Just rediculous.

On a side note...now 7-2 after goals from Matic and Zaplatel.

smkdwn
02-13-2005, 10:23 PM
wow, not a good time to cheap shot a Pat because the next time these teams meet the Pats will be playing for nothing and someone could seriously injure a star Wheat King player for the playoffs. Not too smart Webb

witness
02-14-2005, 09:08 AM
As much as hockey is a team game, the Pats need a goaltender. I have nothing against Ward or Reekie, I am sure they are nice kids. But, they are not getting the job done. Six goals in nine shots, come on. Brandon scored three goals on their first three shots. In over time against PA the Pats have 4 shots and can't get it by the goaltender, great effort. PA scores on the only shot they had in overtime. Granted it was a breakaway, but Ward did not make a good play at all.
Webb may get a 2 game suspension from the league. McGillvery means nothing to the league and the Pats even less. If Parker was smart he would have had the story go to the national press, like Brandon did with the pre-season hit. That is what forced the league to issue any suspension to McGillvery. But, in the end, it is the referee that should take the most responsiblity for the injury. He allowed Brandon to take liberties all game and it got out of hand. That is how referees get sued, it is called negligence. I am assuming that is what is going to upset the league the most.

Furback
02-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Witness did you see any of the goals? are did you just look at the stats and decide he had a bad game. I dont know maybe they let in some week goals but i did not see the game so i cant comment on how the goalies played.

Bran
02-15-2005, 12:56 AM
I don't know...from what I've seen Ward isn't a bad goalie. Yeah he has bad nights, but that doesn't make him a bad goalie. Reekie bugs me sometimes. He's good but there's something that just bothers me...I think it's like what Fightguy said about him showing signs of Slade. He does that from time to time and it doesn't work for him. I watched him earlier in the season and he played well, but something changed somewhere and I'm not sure exactly what it was. I think he definately needs to know he's being pushed which probably has something to do with why he played so bad after Slade was sent home. He almost seems like he's trying too hard. I think he needs to find what works for HIM and stick to it. But maybe that's just me.

Fight Guy
02-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Reekie has been playing better as of late. I hope he can keep it up, and I hope Ward can put that 4 goal period behind him. He played great on Saturday night.