PDA

View Full Version : Robinson signs with Alaska Aces

patscrazy
08-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Heard Robinson signed with the Alaska Aces of the ECHL. Congrats Matt

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-04-2006, 02:05 AM
Heard Robinson signed with the Alaska Aces of the ECHL. Congrats Matt

I couldnt find a link or any article on their website about it. If its true, congrats to matt, and good luck in pro

patscrazy
08-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Kelly Cup champions re-sign Corbin Schmidt, land 21-year-old sniper Matt Robinson
Alaska Aces Press Release

Anchorage, AK - The Alaska Aces have signed defenseman Corbin Schmidt and winger Matt Robinson to ECHL contracts for the 2006-07 season.

Schmidt, a four-year stand-out at the University of Alaska-Fairbanks, was slowed by injuries early in his rookie season last year but finished strong, scoring seven goals and 10 assists to go along with a +17 rating in only 50 games for the Aces. He scored the first goal of his pro career in a 5-0 shutout of Phoenix January 6 and added a goal and an assist in a 7-4 win at Bakersfield the next night.

A native of Anchorage who played on the 1997 East High state champions, Schmidt helped lead UAF to its first-ever top three finish at the CCHA tournament in 2005 while earning recognition on the conference's All-Academic team twice on his way to a degree in psychology. The 5-11, 190-pounder will turn 26 next month and figures to log significantly more ice time with the retirement of Keith McCambridge and the departure of Ryan Gaucher, who signed an AHL contract with the Providence Bruins.

Robinson, who will turn 21 on Sunday, enjoyed a break-out season in his last year of juniors as a 20-year-old, erupting for 35 goals in 69 games as a member of the Regina (Sask.) Pats in the Western Hockey League. At 6-1, 186 pounds, he figures to line up on the left side for the Aces. Robinson, who hails from South Surrey, B.C., broke into the WHL midway through the 2004-05 season with 30 points (11g-19a) in 45 games for the Vancouver Giants after a year and a half with Calgary in the Alberta Junior Hockey League and one full season with his hometown club in the British Columbia Junior Hockey League, where he scored 33 goals.

Division champions Alaska (West) and Toledo (North) will collide in two pre-season games October 10 and 11 at 7:15 p.m. in Anchorage before opening the regular season at home Friday, October 20, at 7:15 p.m. against the Victoria Salmon Kings. 2006-07 Aces season tickets are now on sale; for more information on tickets, sponsorships, and off-season signings, please visit www.alaskaaces.com or call 258-ACES.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-11-2006, 04:17 PM
bump... :)

Matt played his first game in the starting lineup last night with the Alaska Aces, and got an assist in their 3-1 victory over toledo.

He plays tonight against Toledo again at 7:15 AKDT, which is about 9:15 our time.

Fight Guy
10-11-2006, 05:09 PM
bump... :)

Matt played his first game in the starting lineup last night with the Alaska Aces, and got an assist in their 3-1 victory over toledo.

He plays tonight against Toledo again at 7:15 AKDT, which is about 9:15 our time.Toledo has terrible jerseys...Red Wings jersey with their logo that I could have probably designed when I was 4.

Congrats to Matt though. I miss last years scorers. :(

Bran
10-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Congrats, Matt!

I really miss seeing this guy in a Pats uniform.