PDA

View Full Version : Gutierrez now a Tip.

Beaner
08-04-2006, 05:34 PM
from, http://www.blazerhockey.com/showArticle.php?article_id=850

Blazers Deal with Tips

August 4th, 2006 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BLAZERS DEAL WITH ‘TIPS

KAMLOOPS, BC – Today the Kamloops Blazers announce a trade with the Everett Silvertips which sees the ‘Tips acquire 20-year-old forward Moises Gutierrez in exchange for a 4th round selection in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

“We’d like to thank Moises for his four years as a Blazer and wish him all the best in Everett,” says Blazer Head Coach and General Manager Dean Clark.

The Blazers open Training Camp on Thursday, August 24th at Interior Savings Centre.

- 06 -

Kamfan
08-04-2006, 06:07 PM
A necessary deal given our OA situation. 4th rounder sounds pretty decent to me. If we waited until the OA deadline we'd have been lucky to get anything at all.

KBF
08-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Pheww, thought we were going to be forced to watch him take up precious minutes and do nothing with them for the 5th year in a row.

Clark stated he wants to add a 19 year old scorer, now that the WHL rules are a year late and are gonna be in place this season. Sure behind the 8 ball thats or sure.

But out of our current crop of OA's, I'd only keep Jorgensen and MAYBE Macias, provided he was used properly. After that, get a 19 year old scorer, maybe for some magic beans as thats about all we have to offer, and same with a 20 year old.

scamperdog
08-05-2006, 12:14 AM
A necessary deal given our OA situation. 4th rounder sounds pretty decent to me. If we waited until the OA deadline we'd have been lucky to get anything at all.
a kid that could show so much talent 5% of the time and then be so lazy 95% of the time, maybe the change will be good for him, as for the Blazers there much better without