PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Traded

Hatguy
08-09-2006, 01:35 PM
SASKATOON, SK - The Saskatoon Blades announced that they have acquired
20-year-old netminder Andrew Leslie from the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange the Warriors receive a 2008 conditional draft pick.

Leslie, a native of Saskatoon is entering his 3rd season in the Western Hockey League following stops in Swift Current, Red Deer and last season in Moose Jaw.

Last season Andrew appeared in 35 games posting a 3.24 GAA while picking up 13 wins between the Rebels and the Warriors. In 72 career games, Leslie holds a 27-27-2-and-2 record with 2 shutouts and a 2.98 goals against average.

Blades Head Coach and General Manager Lorne Molleken commented on today’s transaction. “ We are pleased to acquire a veteran goaltender who will come to training camp and battle for one of the 3 20-year-old spots on our hockey club.”

Well I knew he'd be traded, this is no suprise.

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-09-2006, 01:49 PM
well it helps the Blades out because now they have a #1 goalie(and can ease Holtby into the starting goaltending position.) Who do the Warriors have for a #1 goalie?

Hatguy
08-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Joey Perricone. It's good for the Blades, but we had no room for Leslie.

Toswammi
08-09-2006, 03:01 PM
I dont know if i would call Leslie a #1 goaltender. Heck i dont even know if is an adequate 20yr old for the league.

SectionNDeserter
08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
The Blades would have to have some seriously poor depth in goal (or a few overage slots that they need to fill with a mediocre backup goaltender) for this guy to make the team as an overage player. If he does somehow make the team, here is a tip for the other Eastern Division teams--flip a weak backhand in on him from outside the blueline, about a 50/50 chance that it will go in... :spineyes: