PDA

View Full Version : Josh elder

Dwight Schrute
08-11-2006, 02:45 PM
anyone think he could establish himself as the heavyweight of the east this year ? its also his draft year. his skating and overall play improved a lot last year.(same with hewson). what could you guys see him producinf this year ?
is 15 g 20 a 35 pts too far fetched ? also maybe 140 pim. last year i think he has 5 or 6 minors and the rest of his pim were fighting majors.

Triton
08-11-2006, 03:28 PM
He won't put up big #'s playing on the 4th line.Maybe 10pts.I think he can fight,but there is tougher.Elder isn't no phenom or anything.But he can hold his own.

wango tango
08-11-2006, 04:41 PM
10 g and 10 a is probably the best you're going to see out of elder. as far as heavyweights or otherwise are concerned i don't think an enforcer who can't do anything other than fight can be kept on a roster anymore (i'm not saying this is the case with josh). i just find the talk of an enforcer/tough guy type to be less relevant outside of the u.s. division.

Triton
08-11-2006, 05:39 PM
10 g and 10 a is probably the best you're going to see out of elder. as far as heavyweights or otherwise are concerned i don't think an enforcer who can't do anything other than fight can be kept on a roster anymore (i'm not saying this is the case with josh). i just find the talk of an enforcer/tough guy type to be less relevant outside of the u.s. division.

10g 10a is too much from Elder.Won't get a wink on special teams,and plays on the 4th line.

I also think that if PA needs a 20 year old forward,Brandon will have 2 available.Not saying they'll end up here,but something Clark could weigh in as options if his run out.I also think Brandon will cut lose backup goaltender Kurt Jory.

Dwight Schrute
08-11-2006, 06:38 PM
elder during the last few games of the season saw time on the 2nd pp unit. and if he can park his ass in front of the net it would help the pp. i also doubt he will play the 4th line,
but since we all know anholt changes his lines more then he changes his underwear, you will see him play the 1, 2, 3, and 4th line in each game.
i think he could be a bit of a suprise this year, along with dowhay

Triton
08-11-2006, 07:25 PM
elder during the last few games of the season saw time on the 2nd pp unit. and if he can park his ass in front of the net it would help the pp. i also doubt he will play the 4th line,
but since we all know anholt changes his lines more then he changes his underwear, you will see him play the 1, 2, 3, and 4th line in each game.
i think he could be a bit of a suprise this year, along with dowhay

Not sure why we are getting excited over Elder.Thats like getting reved up over oatmeal.