PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new PK team?

inthebox4five
02-13-2005, 09:33 PM
The PK is terrible. Six powerplay goals against the loop tonight. In my opinion, Ferner needs to change up his PK team. What do the rest of you guys think needs to be done to help the PK?

Tinner
02-13-2005, 09:51 PM
..not the PK team(s). Maybe its the amount of penalties the team is taking. When you only take 3-5 penalties a game your pk team can maybe kill all of them or all but 1, but the more times they have to go out there, the chances will get better as they get frustrated and tired.

Team discipline may be the answer!

inthebox4five
02-13-2005, 10:47 PM
PK is near the bottom of the league in effectiveness. Less penalties would definitely help, but I think they could pick up their PK a couple notches by playing their older players more on PK. Don't know why Ferner insists on staying loyal to the 16 year olds when they're getting slaughtered out there.

Sammy
02-16-2005, 11:58 AM
the Pk sucks! Partly due to weak defence. Partly due to set-up: box is too tight. Mostly due to wrong players being on the ice: which is coaching decision! Kassian was +++effective with Giants on pk & has not even been given a sniff since trade; ican;t figure Ferner out. Hamyna & Kassian were good pk guys with Giants & i think they played together: why not give them a shot.

Jew Panda
02-16-2005, 11:12 PM
The Blazers leave the points too open. When trying to recover, they over-excel and the defensemen are able to get by, penetrating the box. Any good defenseman in the Western Hockey League will just fake the shot and skate on by. It's due to lack of experience. Losing Jaret Lukin killed us. He's the heart and soul of both the powerplay and the penalty kill. Ray Macias will quarterback the powerplay, eventually. The question is when?